close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Factory Glock threaded barrel users, help??

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Eagle1, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Eagle1

Eagle1 Oh glockaholic!

Does anybody know where they are selling these at? I have found a couple on Gunbroker but am at a loss here. I am looking for the M13.5x1LH for a Glock 19. These barrels are more expensive than the other brands and I want to price shop for one. Thanks :cool:

Are these barrels better than the other after market brand threaded barrels? Anybody have any experience with one of the Glock factory barrels and how do they perform? Thanks..

2. farscott

farscott

I have one for a G19 and one for a G17. It is my belief that these barrels are superior to the aftermarket barrels for one reason: Glock made them. The machining is as good as the regular barrels, and the barrels have the factory finish.

In my limited experience, both are threaded properly. I believe that very few have been imported into the USA, and they are priced accordingly. Each of mine ran me right at $180; however, this is less expensive than a baffle strike.

Online searching is the best way to find these. Any "stores" that claim to have these always seem to have zero stock when I called to inquire.

3. Eagle1

Eagle1 Oh glockaholic!

I did locate a couple but was wondering why it is hard to find them. Your explanation seems on par with that reason..

4. multo17

multo17

I agree that one should stick to buying the factory barrels! The only coversion barrel I ever bought was for my Sig P226 40s&w to 357Sig from Sigarms! Now It's like having 2 guns in one with just a drop of a barrel.:cool:

5. spartanranger

spartanranger

I bought a G17 barrel, and then sent it to Gemtech who cut it down and threaded it for me...that is always an option.

6. farscott

farscott

I thought a G17 barrel would not work in a G19 because the lockup surfaces are different. I have seen a G17L barrel cut down and threaded for use in a G17.

7. chemcmndr

chemcmndr

There's a few local gun stores that have them for the 19 in stock. What part of Ohio are you in?

8. spartanranger

spartanranger

Oops...that's what I meant sorry.

9. Eagle1

Eagle1 Oh glockaholic!

cincy area.

10. chemcmndr

chemcmndr

Vandalia Tactical in Dayton has them in stock. I can't remember the price off the top of my head, but I could have swore it was on par with everywhere else.

11. ron59

ron59 Bustin Caps

I have Lone Wolf barrels for both my G17 and G34. Absolutely no issues.

Lots of other users have had the same results.

Probably a LOT cheaper and easier to get.

When most people turn Glocks into race guns? They ditch the stock barrels and buy after market. Carver Customs builds loads of Glock-based race guns, and they don't use Glock barrels. And they got some superb shooters on their teams.

12. farscott

farscott

Definitely not a lot less expensive; only a bit. The LWD stainless threaded barrel is $125.00, the threaded cap is $15.00, and shipping is $9.00. The total is $149.00. I paid $180 delivered for the factory barrels with the thread protector. So, one saves $31.00 unless the black barrel is desired. That drops the savings to $21.00, and the LWD Glock 19 barrels are not in stock.

I rather have the Glock barrel as I am sure it is dimensioned properly.