close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Face to face with evil... creepy stories

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Just_plinking, Feb 6, 2013.

1. eccho

eccho

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/crime/murder/martin_miller_trial/

This guy killed his wife.

I was friends with his son from 6th to 7th grade. We hung out and played videogames alot. I even spent the night at his house several times. His dad was the varcity volleyball coach at the private school I went to.

I had absolutely no idea something like that would happen.

2. deadmanglocking

deadmanglocking

She probably saved that little girls life. Once when was younger I witnessed a child being beaten at a train station on a trip. Being young and unsure what to do I let the person get on the train with the child. I've never forgotten the feeling of helplessness that gave me and I vowed to NEVER again stand by and do nothing when a child is in danger. I often wonder if I had spoken up or stood up what I could have done for him.

3. eccho

eccho

When I was working at burger king I saw two things that made me sick. I sweet little girl, very politely I might add, asked her mom if she could get chicken nuggets instead of a cheeseburger with her kids meal. Her mother smacked her in the face. I couldn't believe it.

4. JAS104

JAS104 NRA Life Member

holy hell

5. silentpoet

silentpoet

Some people need killing.

6. costanza187

costanza187 I like Macs

This is a great thread, keep 'em coming!

7. Andy W

Andy W

Jump the counter and smack her face...repeatedly with a closed fist?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

8. GlockinNJ

GlockinNJ

What was the other thing?

9. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

10. Tacoma12

Tacoma12 The Dude Abides

My mother shared a crazy story wth me: January 8th 1975 my aunt was in her 20's living in Leonia, NJ. She stopped at home to have lunch. A man and his teenage son walked by, stopped and asked if they could use her phone. She said no. They then asked for directions to the nearest bus stop. She gave them directions but noticed they didn't turn the way she had told them to go, they went straight. The next day she found out they had gained entry to a house down the street posing as salesmen, tied up the residents, and stabbed and killed a 21 year old woman. The guy's name is Joseph Kallinger aka "The Shoemaker". He died in prison in 1996. The 13 year old son and accomplice was released when he was 25.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  11. Gray_Rider

Gray_Rider

The above post by eccho reminded me of a story related by a friend years ago who worked in a record store in Ohio. He witnessed a well dressed East Indian couple and their two children (boy and girl) enter the store. The couple broused the store for some time till the little girl, about 7 or 8, selected a record and brought it to her father asking him to purchace it for her. The man loudly told the girl to put the record back, he wasn't purchasing it for her, and then out of the blue, slapped the child hard across the face!
    "Brad", my friend, and not a small guy, almost vaulted the counter and confronted the man face to face telling him he would bounce the guy off of every wall in the place if he touched the child again. The customer became very loud and shouted to see the manager. "Brad" quietly told the man once again about what would happen if the man harmed the little girl in his presence, and told him to exit the store. "Brad's" manager arrived and the customer demanded "Brad" be fired for threatening him and interfearing with his family etc. The manager hearing the story directed the man to leave the premises at once while "Brad" stood almost toe to toe with the sputtering customer daring him to lay one hand on the woman or either of the children.
    After a few tense moments, the couple exited, the man still shouting threats and obsenities.

P.S. "Brad" kept his job and was commended by his mgr. for not carrying through with his promises, though "Brad" told me it took everything in his power not to pound the guy into a grease spot...

Gray_Rider

Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  12. eccho

eccho

3 things actually.

Mother smacking the child for no reason already covered.

Someone else saw a woman actually turn around in her car in the drive through and viciously slap her kid multiple times. it might have been the same "woman". I didn't see it but my manager and another employee were shocked. It happened and they were gone before I thought to call the police. (I didn't even hear about it until they left)

And the third thing that probably burned my ass the most, another employee said she saw an officer fighting with some guy. She didn't call for help or stop or anything. Her job at burger king was too important. The cop wasn't winning the fight by the way. She couldn't even tell me where this was happening.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  13. eccho

eccho

"Brad" sounds like a man of good moral fiber. That took balls. I mean aside from not pounding the guy, I mean it took balls to actually step up and say something about it. Too many people would just stare.

14. Mr Spock

Mr Spock Vulcan

The sad fact is, if the man were beating on his wife and "Brad" lit into him, when the cops showed up, the woman would probably side with her husband. Seems to happen too often like that for a lot of guys to get involved in some other couple's dysfunction.

Now, if he's beating on the kids, or the wife in front of the kids, that changes the scenario significantly.

15. Gray_Rider

Gray_Rider

Will,

You will find usually two types of people in the world when it comes to the paranormal. Those who will "laugh their azz off" at you and those who have seen or experienced something they can't explain, let alone get a handle on.

I am of the second group. I have never had such an unnerving experience, but I believe you. Stuff like this has been reported for centuries all over the world. My experiences are minor by comparison, but I know what I saw and I know what I heard and felt.

Good story. Thanks for sharing.

Gray_Rider

16. Gray_Rider

Gray_Rider

This is sadly true. "Brad" is a big happy hippy type guy but he's not small and he has hands that are about 6" across, long arms, heavily built. The Eastern Indian man was quite thin and on the small side but he seemed to rule over his family like Hussein. "Brad" would broken him like a twig and swept the floor using his head like a mop, and believe it. He sure wanted to!
    The little worm demanded "Brad" be fired but the manager told him he wasn't permitted back in the store and that he had better quit while he still had a head on his shoulders.

I am a parent, kids do get you flustrated, but I found my fist balling up as he related the story....:steamed:

Gray_Rider

17. johnd

johnd

Sat next to Louis Freeh on a long flight once.
    He kept on asking me questions and I kept on not answering him

18. OfficerChris

OfficerChris L.A. fanboy

I told that story before here, but I just think its worth to be told again (at least from what I felt during these moments).

When I was about 18 years old I went to a school with one very akward guy. He was in a different class on the other side of the building, but I always saw him walking by and during the lunch breaks.
    Maybe 20 years old, a metal fan with all the black stuff and hair - which was cool because I was one too - but looking at his stature he reminded me of a prehistoric man. He walked and moved like coming directly out of a cave. That was weird somehow.

Always wanted to talk with him because of beeing a metal head too, but somehow it never happened. He didnt really socialize.

One day he was gone.

Days later we hear about a murder and an arrest.
    Turned out that he got in a fight with his gf, choked her to death, panicked, cut her to pieces, put her in a trashbag and into his car.
    Then he told her parents for days that she was missing and he doesnt know why. Admitted to it during the police interrogation later on iirc.

6 years later:

I am now in the police academy and my class is doing a field trip to a juvenile prison.
    Going there I had a weird feeling because I had to think about that specific murder again.
    After a couple of hours we had a "ask and tell" with two criminals. One a robber one a murderer... my feeling got stronger...

First person offcourse was not reeaallyy guilty robbing a cab driver.
    Second person walks in and it hits me -> its him - my schoolmate the murderer!.

Complete room, about 30 people are silent after he sat down. No one knew what to say facing a murderer for the first time in our lifes. We were only told that he killed is gf during a fight.

So me beeing the first one talking to him in a completely silent room I ask him "Are you born in Vienna?"
    He says "yes"
    I: "Did you go to a school there?"
    He (looking at me with a somehow surprised face) "yes"
    I: "Did you go to a school in the blabla district?"
    He (very surprised looking) "..yes?!.."
    I: "I was a schoolmate"

My class, my teachers and the people from the prison looking at me with big eyes completely surprised.
    I thought during that moment "isnt it strange how life goes - one is now a police officer the other one a convicted murderer"

Afterwards he replied nervous that he cant remember me and slowly started to tell his story. He looked at me knowing that I knew what had happened after he killed his gf - he cut her to pieces.
    He didnt tell that fact in front auf the audience and everyone thought that it was odd for him to get the full sentence of 20 years.
    I didnt say a word because I thought, even beeing a murderer, it was kind of brave to admit to that multiple times in front of 30 police officers and answering all their questions on a voluntarily basis.

Back at the academy I then told my class to look up the story online and they found their answer.

Allthough I wasnt in danger it was one of the moments I will remember my whole life - that awkward silence while everybody was looking at me - priceless somehow.

19. GlockinNJ

GlockinNJ

I have a creepy story. Not evil, but strange.

In 2007, I was in a layover at LAX. It was a business trip and I was alone.I went into a Tex Mex place to grab a bite to eat and kill some time. It was a pretty big dining area with tables all over the place. I got my burrito and grabbed a seat. As I was eating and glancing around the dining area, I noticed an old man alone having some kind of issue. He was across the other end of the dining room from where I was.

Suddenly, he slumped in his chair like a sack of potatoes. As I was getting up to go there and help him, I noticed several others that were sitting closer already helping him. I didn’t want to add to the gathering crowd, so I sat back down, along with other diners sitting in my section. It was a helpless feeling.

Before long, airport EMS showed up and worked on him, but it was too late. As we watched, the EMS put him on a gurney, covered him with a white sheet, and wheeled him away.

It was strange, to say the least. It was a bizarre decision on whether or not it was appropriate to continue eating after seeing that. Some left and some stayed and finished. I picked up my half-eaten burrito and finished it, as I pondered what the place of death on his death certificate would say. I’m sure this happens more often than I ever thought about.

This isn’t the first time I’ve had my meal interrupted and needed to make that awkward decision.

Once, before I was married, I was at a Mother’s Day brunch with my wife’s parents, uncles, cousins, etc. There was probably 10-12 of us at the table. I was sitting next to my future Father in law when he starts choking on a piece of breakfast sausage. He couldn’t breathe and at first no one noticed but me. I promptly stood up, got behind him and performed the Heimlich Maneuver on him. The sausage popped out, to the shock of everyone at the table, still trying to figure out what was happening. After a few silent beats and realizing he was okay, we sat back down and continued eating and joking about what happened. Very awkward.

20. JFrame

JFrame

Hmmm...This just occurred to me...

About 14-15 years ago, my wife and I were waiting to catch a flight out of LAX. My wife is about the most observant people-watcher I know, and she looked at a guy sitting a ways from us, waiting for his flight.

She pointed him out to me. He was a young, Middle Eastern man -- scruffy stubble, innocuous western clothing. He looked extremely nervous. His knees were jittery, and his legs were shaking up and down. He was staring fixedly at a book he was "reading" -- my wife noted that he was holding the book upside down.

My wife got more and more concerned, the more she looked at him. What did I know back then -- I thought maybe the guy just had a serious fear of flying. My wife finally got up and went to an airport security guard to point the man out.

Nothing ever happened from that moment, as far as I know. But this was a couple of years before 9/11, and we both now think that this was one of the many "dry runs" being made by Islamic terrorists.