close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

F1 Race

Discussion in 'Indiana Glockers' started by boby, Jun 12, 2007.

1. sjstill

sjstill Guest

Epsylum (I never can spell that right) is ditching the range and going :tongueout:

2. boby

boby

Feb 4, 2006
    Indiana
    SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!

3. notasccrmom

notasccrmom really I'm not

Apr 19, 2007
    IL / IN
    I'll be there Saturday for Qualifying and the other stuff. Going to the range on Sunday.:thumbsup:

4. R. Emmelman

R. Emmelman Tired Member

There is a race this weekend? Wouldn't know it by looking around Indy.

5. epsylum

epsylum Boolit Hoze

Sep 4, 2004
    Racing Capital, USA
    Unfortunate but true.

The F1 race is the only race at IMS I go to (until MotoGP shows up here and rumor is next year). Left turn only racing is a cure to insomnia for me.

My Uncle is coming in to town for the race as usual. That usually means good food and good beer. :banana: I will probably be there some on Fri. and I know I will be there on Sat. for qualifying (which I actually like better than the race) and then I will also be there for the race.

For those who just want to go just to see it, go Sat. for qualifying. It is a lot cheaper, less crowded, general admission seating, and you still get to see just how amazingly fast these cars are.

BTW for the F1 fans, where the hell did Lewis Hamilton come from (I know, I know, England :supergrin: )? I have not seen a rookie that fast in a LONG time and he just seemed to come out of nowhere. When he is faster that the two-time champ Alonso and is on the same team, that is amazing. We might have another dominant force like Michael Schumacher on our hands with him.

6. fire1035

fire1035

Mar 5, 2007
    Speedway, IN
    Well I will be in the area of the track on Sunday, only because I live in Speedway. But I won't be at the race. Have fun though.

7. FThorn

FThorn TV/Movie Club

Apr 30, 2004
    and like going to the range, it's good to double up on earplugs/phones! :) F1 is LOUD.

8. epsylum

epsylum Boolit Hoze

Sep 4, 2004
    Racing Capital, USA
  9. boilergonzo

boilergonzo

Mar 31, 2004
    Indiana
    Good race! I think we just saw a legend in the making. He seems to be loaded with common sense and a genuine good guy, as well.

10. boby

boby

Feb 4, 2006
    Indiana
    Ugh I just got home from working the traffic for the race... My uniform literally PEELED from my skin. I dont think I have ever sweated so much in my life...

11. Z34Lee

Z34Lee Rush is Right!

Feb 13, 2001
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I've been there the past 5 days in the heat working...hasn't been fun.

12. epsylum

epsylum Boolit Hoze

Sep 4, 2004
    Racing Capital, USA
    Amazing when you consider it is not only Hamilton's rookie year, but it was his first time driving on the Indy track. He took on the veterans and dominated the race.

As a Toyota fan, I was happy to see Trulli get 6th. Ralph needs to take his brother's lead and retire or at least get a job as a Toyota crash test dummy because that is all he does anyways. I heard the rumor was the had to do something this race or he was gone. Looks like he may have a seat at Spyker or Super Aguri in his future. Toyota completely wasted their money on him. If I were them, I would use their "second largest auto maker in the world" big bucks to lock down Hamilton. As a rookie, he can not have that long of a contract with McLaren (maybe two years at most).

Another rumor is that Toyota may be joining (i.e. buying) Williams so they can get a better chassis. I kind of like the all Toyota thing, but if it means they will do better, then I am all for it. I just think they need a more consistent team-mate for Jarno, or at least one that knows how to not wreck almost every race. Once that happens they will be fighting it out with McLaren and Ferrari.

13. Brass Nazi

Brass Nazi NO BRASS FOR U!

Jul 4, 2005
    I have nothing against them but the Toyota team sucks. They get out run by the small budget teams that they sell their engines to.

Hamilton would not move to Toyota no matter how much they offered him. No F1 driver would make the choice of leaving McLaren to go to Toyota.

Everyone always thought that Raikonen was so fast until this year. Massa is usually a tenth or two faster than him. Schumacher was a good 2-3 tenths faster than Massa on average.

14. Rikki

Rikki Pathetic Loser

Apr 10, 2002
    Behind the curtain
    There was more passing on the 1st lap at Michigan than during the whole F-1 Indy thing. I like passing and fender rubbin'...besides, the year I went to the F-1 race there were way too many hairy armpitted "european women" for me.

15. KSFreeman

KSFreeman Broken Member

Jul 10, 2001
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Did not go to the race, but I was in downtown Indy Saturday night. The joint was jumping.

We hit a show and then had dinner at Mikado and then drinks in Broad Ripple. Good to see so many people out and about.:)

16. seamus

seamus

Nov 25, 2005
    indiana
    Downtown was most definitely jumping Saturday night, the track wasn't. I rode my bike down to 16th & Georgtown to get me a Nicky Hayden hat and couldn't believe how quiet it was!?
    I can't wait until motogp gets here! Those guys are nuts.:crazy: