close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

F-f-f-finally g-gg-got t-t-to shoot m-my Range Officer....

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by Big_Grumpy, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Big_Grumpy

Big_Grumpy Go Cheese!

Jul 21, 2009
    WI
    First we tried hitting the nearest indoor range. They were packed with an hour wait time. I decided to hit an outdoor range as we were pressed for time. It's cold up here with temps in the single digits, and a wind chill pushing negative double digits, but I HAD to shoot it.

Well, aside from loading with numb fingers and my shooting glasses steaming up from my body heat and breath, it went ok. I only ran a couple of mags, though. I would've ran 3, but I dropped a loaded one in the snow:upeyes:. Freakin' COLD!

I taped up a paper plate and landed most of my shots on there from between 15-20 yards. No hitches. Seems like a great shooter.

Sorry, wasn't about to take pictures or trudge through the snow to retrieve my plate either. Likely story, huh? :supergrin:

Next time I'll wait at the indoor... :supergrin:

Last edited: Jan 23, 2011
  2. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    Wow.

Its been so cold in PA, that I can't even imagine WI. :cold:

3. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin

Jul 19, 2008
    You sir and truly dedicated. I decided not to go shooting yesterday because it was a bit foggy. :embarassed:

PS: I finally saw one in person the other day. You have a very nice weapon there.

4. Ruggles

Ruggles

Jun 13, 2005
    Tejas
    Around 65 degrees in Tejas today, and sunny!

5. Big_Grumpy

Big_Grumpy Go Cheese!

Jul 21, 2009
    WI

Not really dedicated, more like squeezing in range time, and possibly a little nuts. The thing's been sitting around new for a month and I was going to get out this weekend come hell or high water.

I've never tried shooting when it was this cold before either, so I thought it'd be an experience. Yup. Avoid if possible :supergrin:

Thanks, they seem like a well built piece. I have a feeling I'll enjoy it.

6. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    Nice.

As I type this, its in the single digits in northern Bucks County, PA. :shocked:

No shooting for me. I hate indoors.

7. rockabillyrider

rockabillyrider

Jan 19, 2009
    Shot a local IDPA yesterday and the temps never got out of the teens with five inches of snow on the ground. Had a great time and did quite well.
    It's all about mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter!!! :dunno:

8. fasteddie565

fasteddie565 Combat Diver

Take the opportunity to shoot in your gloves. Its cold here in MO as well. I shot OK in my gloves (shooting gloves). But reloading mags was, well, challenging.

Kudos to all who brave the weather in the never ending pursuit to burn some gun powder.

9. Mr. Gekko

Mr. Gekko

Aug 27, 2010
    No kidding. 50 degrees is jacket weather where I live. I can't begin to imagine trying that with temp's that cold.