close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Eyewear recommendations

Discussion in 'Firefighter/EMS Talk' started by ClydeG19, Mar 16, 2005.

1. ClydeG19

ClydeG19

Oct 5, 2001
    Arizona
    My dept issues us basic safety glasses, however I've found there is a lot of room underneath which stuff still gets up into my eyes. Do you guys have any suggestions about some eyewear which would not allow stuff to get up underneath? I was thinking something of a wrap around type glasses. If it looks pretty cool all the better.;)

2. Tvov

Tvov

Sep 30, 2000
    CT,USA
    What situations are you talking about?

3. ClydeG19

ClydeG19

Oct 5, 2001
    Arizona
    Opps...vehicle rescue and such...not structural firefighting.

4. mrklun

mrklun

Apr 8, 2004
    MA
    Take a look at Wiley X SG-1 eye protection. I just got one for the same reason you did - I'm not happy with my dept's current issue.

I will probably make a recommendation to the dept. to buy the Wiley eye protection as standard issue. It is what the troops in Iraq use. They are ballistic rated, so they're good for the range too.

They touch the face, so nothing will get under them. They have a low profile, have a great field of view, looks Cool, comes with clear and smoke lenses that you can change out, regular ear pieces, and wrap-around strap. The low profile allows me to wear them under my leather helmet easily. They go for $80 and comes with a carry bag, but I got mine new on Ebay for $40.

5. FlaFF

FlaFF

Jan 7, 2005
    FL
    I buy the Oakley looking safety glasses from Home Depot. They're about $8 which is good as they will invariably get broken or contaminated and require getting a new pair. Expensive shades might lead to attempting to clean a pair of contaminated glasses that need to be redbagged.

Just my .02

FlaFF