close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Extremes

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by Gunhaver, Aug 23, 2012.

1. But everyone CAN get married, if they want to, and can find a willing member of the opposite sex.

What you're talking about is changing the definition of marriage. Until now, no one has ever tried to force everybody to accept calling a sodomist relationship, "marriage".

Leftist bigots are trying to force their views on other people.

2. That's exactly the point.

For instance, I could campaign forever to become a mommy. It ain't gonna happen, though, by definition. Re-defining the term won't change reality. Pretending something is what it is not is lying to yourself.

People can campaign to have some equivalent legal status to marriage, if they'd like. And, even though I'd oppose some of it, that's up to society. But society can't pass a law to change reality any more than they can pass a law to declare that the value of pi shall be "3" (something that had been tried in the past, BTW).

3. JBnTX

JBnTX Texas

Aug 28, 2008
    Texas
    I seems I'm being labeled an "extremeist" in just about every known category.

Thirty years ago I was considered "normal" and "mainstream".

I can remember when homos, lesbians, child molesters, anarchists and atheists kept a low profile and kept their mouths shut.

Oh, those were the good old days.:whistling:

4. Geko45

Geko45 Smartass Pilot CLM

Nov 1, 2002
    KCXO
    Is someone trying to force you to enter into a gay marriage? No. Religious zealots like you are trying to stifle the opinions of others and prevent them from leading their lives how they see fit.

5. RC-RAMIE

RC-RAMIE

Mar 8, 2010
    That's right JB the good old days where people who didn't agree with you just shut up.

6. Geko45

Nov 1, 2002
    KCXO
    Good thing you're not an 'extremist'.

:whistling:

Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
  7. Animal Mother

Animal Mother Not Enough Gun

Mar 22, 2004
    Isn't changing definitions kind of your stock in trade?

8. JBnTX

JBnTX Texas

Aug 28, 2008
    Texas

Can you explain what you mean when you say, "lead their lives as they see fit"?

Should a person be able to do anything they wish, without regard for any legal, religious, ethical or moral standards?

Where would you draw the line on a person's behavior?

Please don't embarrass yourself by saying, as long as they don't harm another person. That opens up a broad spectrum of perverted and abnormal behavior that I'm sure even you would not approve of.

Let's consider marriage:

If individual same sex marriage is OK, what about group marriage?

What about marrying animals?

Would you approve of a rich older man going to a girls orphanage and marrying several young pre-teen girls?

After all they would be given a better home and would inherit the old perverts money when he dies.

If you should place a limit on marriage, what gives you the authority to do so? Do you have more authority than God?

Tell us your standards or limitations on marriage and where you get the authority to impose such limitations on other people.

You did say that people should "lead their lives as they see fit". Didn't you?

9. Brucev

Brucev

Jul 19, 2009
    Re: OP. Queers are queers. Treat them as such. If they want to be treated as normal people, they need to conduct themselves as normal people. There is not logic to justify accommodation or tolerance of their abnormality.

10. Geko45

Nov 1, 2002
    KCXO
    That's exactly where the line should be drawn. Do whatever you please as long as you don't infringe upon the rights of another. Animals and children cannot give informed consent. They would be victims and therefore child molestation and beastiality should remain illegal.

As for any other behaviors that you might consider "perverted"... Well, no one cares what you think. If you aren't being forced to participate or are otherwise directly affected then it's none of your damn business what consenting adults do with each other behind closed doors.

There is no god and none of the authority you are claiming on behalf of this imaginary friend of yours is valid. Where do I get authority? I'm not claiming any. Do whatever the hell you want, just leave me out of it. In return I expect others to let me do as I please as long as I don't let it impact them. That's what I'm saying.

11. Geko45

Nov 1, 2002
    KCXO
    :upeyes:

12. JBnTX

JBnTX Texas

Aug 28, 2008
    Texas
    Basically you just want to bury your head in the sand, live and let live, and hope there's no God.

That's fine, but the perverts of this world are not going to allow you to do that. Sooner or later they'll encroach upon something you believe in.

13. Lone Wolf8634

Lone Wolf8634 :):

Dec 23, 2007
    Under the bus
    Even as an Atheist I am not a fan of gays or the gay lifestyle. But as long as they consent to whatever (yuck) they're doing it's none of my business and it's none of yours either.

And yes, so long as you aren't hurting anyone else, whats wrong with living your life as you see fit?

Oh wait, I forgot, you and your religion get to decide for everyone. My apologies.

Perhaps you should go into government service.....that way you'd have a legal right to stick your snout into peoples lives.

14. JBnTX

JBnTX Texas

Aug 28, 2008
    Texas
    No, it IS my business:

1. When they insist that homosexuality is just a third sexual preference, equal to heterosexual males and females.

2. When they want young children taught that homosexuality is an option when choosing a mate.

3. When they insist that homosexuality is a choice that anyone can make.

4. When they want any mention of God banned from schools.
    Atheists and homos go hand in hand in their attempts to demonize God and religious people.

5. When they call me a bigot and a homophobe for refusing to accept their perverted lifestyle, and all the while they preach about tolerance and live and let live.

6. When they demand special privileges and civil rights and try to pass themselves off as victims.

7. When the militant arm of the gay rights movement openly states they're going to turn all our children gay.

8. When that same militant group openly states that the sole purpose of same sex marriage is to destroy the institution of marriage. Gays as a group couldn't give one hoot in hell about being married. I'm sure some do, but to most it's just one big joke aimed at making fun of and demeaning marriage.

9. When they take over the entire TV programming and are on practically every channel. They've sissified and pussified the young American male so bad that you can't even tell if they're male or female.

10. When they refuse to co-exist with my belief system and insist that my beliefs are wrong. It will soon be a hate crime to say ANYTHING derogatory about a gay person.

11. When they refuse to keep their lifestyle in the bedroom and insist on openly displaying it in public.

So, yes it is my business.

15. Geko45

Nov 1, 2002
    KCXO
    Dood, you seriously need to take a Xanax...

16. JBnTX

JBnTX Texas

Aug 28, 2008
    Texas

Maybe you should open your eyes?
    Here's another reason that it IS my business.

The militant homosexual movement is going after America's school children.

Radical Homosexual Agenda, Feminists, Promoting Gender Identity Confusion; Gay, Transgendered Indoctrination in Elementary Schools
    http://www.politicalcowardice.com/2...entary-schools-by-progressives/#axzz24UTzw1P4

Kids are being taught as early as kindergarten, that there are “more than two genders”; combined with teaching materials and study guides from a wacko organization called “Gender Spectrum” that “can only be described as state-mandated child abuse“.

“[Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick,] issues Executive Order mandating acceptance of transgenderism by all state agencies, employees, contractors. Requires affirmative action for cross-dressers and immediate diversity training!”

The push is on to hire homosexuals, particularly radical feminists and gender confused teachers at every level. Here in Boston,

“The Oakland, California Unified School District is working to indoctrinate children beginning in kindergarten to believe that there are more than two genders.

17. JBnTX

JBnTX Texas

Aug 28, 2008
    Texas

Now tell me that atheism and homosexuality are not cut from the same cloth.

The Militant Homosexual Movement
    http://www.blessedcause.org/Militant_homosexual.htm

"We shall sodomize your sons, the emblems of your feeble masculinity of your shallow dreams and vulgar lies. We shall seduce them in your schools, in your dormitories, in your gymnasiums, in your locker rooms, in your sports arenas, in your seminaries, in your youth groups and in your movie theatre bathrooms, in your army bunk house in your truck stops, in your all male clubs and in your houses of Congress, wherever men are men together.

Your sons will become the puppets of our bidding. We will recast them in our image and they will come to crave and adore us (sound like Romans 1?). We shall write poems of love between men, we shall stage plays in which men openly caress men, we shall make films about the love between heroic men which will replace the cheap superficial sentimental, insipid, juvenile, heterosexual infatuations presently dominating in your cinematic screens.

We shall rise in a vast private army to defeat you. We will conquer the world because warriors inspired by, and banded together by homosexual love and honor are invincible. The family unit, the spawning ground of all lies, betrayals, hypocrisy and violence will be abolished.

The family unit, which only dampens the imagination and curbs the free will must be eliminated. All churches that condemn us will be closed.

Our only gods are handsome young men. One of the major requirements of a position of power in this new society will be the indulgence in this Greek passion and any man contaminated with heterosexual lust will be automatically barred from positions of influence.

All males who insist on remaining stupidly heterosexual will be tried in homosexual courts of justice and will become invisible men." - Michael Swift

18. Geko45

Nov 1, 2002
    KCXO
    Here is the first line of that passage that you ommitted in your quote (as does your "source"):

In other words, the whole thing is satire. Not meant to be taken literally. Basically, he was mocking people like you.

Source

I was wrong about the Xanax though, you need something much stronger.

19. Libs, 'gays', and Hollywood keep promoting the 'gay lifestyle' as normal, glamorous, and healthy.

Of course, they lie.

It's funny you should mention Xanax, because among their many other problems, homosexuals have a greater incidence of mental health issues. We're talking stuff such as depression (75% of lesbians have it, according to a survey by the Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology), getting physically abused, raped, sexually assaulted, involved in incest while growing up, abuse tobacco daily, abuse alcohol more than once a week, smoke marijuana more than once a month, have suicidal thoughts or actually do it.

Then there are the medical consequences of perversion. Ever hear of something called AIDS? Guess who's in the largest risk category for this? There's still no cure for it. And that's not all. Anal cancer is rare among non-homosexuals (the rates are 0.9/100,000 for straights, versus 35/100,000 for 'gays').

The anus wasn't built for intercourse. When it gets used perversely, bad things often happen. The American Medical Association refers to the GBS (Gay Bowel Syndrome), which includes proctitis, proctocolitis, and enteritis. It seems that bacteria and protozoan pathogens found in feces get transmitted to the digestive system. They may find their way to the 'gay' mouth. They are associated with gonorrhea, chlamydia, herpes, and syphilis. Then there's hepatitis, the liver disease. And HPV -human papillomavirus- causing warts which are almost universal among homosexuals.

Homosexuals tend to be promiscuous; few of their relationships last more than 2 years. Many 'gays' have hundreds of lifetime partners. This contributes to the 8 to 20 year reduced life expectancy for 'gays'.

We should pray for more protection of marriage and families. Learn and speak the truth about homosexuality (the Bible is correct in calling it an abomination). Tell your children this truth. Pray for and be supportive of those 'gays' who are trying to kick the ugly perversion they've found themselves saddled with (this is far more loving than encouraging them in their deadly habit, just as encouraging smokers or alkies to quit is too). And, of course, vote for Romney and Ryan in November. Obama, among many other anti-American deeds, has unlawfully refused to enforce the Defense of Marriage Act.