close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

extend buttstock plate

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by RUSH2112, Jan 21, 2010.

1. RUSH2112

RUSH2112 Big Member

Jan 12, 2007
    Florida
    What would be the best way to get about an inch more at the bottom of the plate? I haven't seen any stocks that appear to extend lower, except for a couple alternative designs which I don't want to go with. I want to add about this much:

[​IMG]

2. furioso2112

furioso2112

Dec 12, 2007
    For what purpose do you want to add heighth? Upon reading the thread title, I wondered if you were looking for a length of pull adjustment, but it seems from your picture that you are looking for something like a rear pod. Fabricating one might be effective, depending on its intended use (as a rest, for instance). But if you are looking to get higher purchase on your shoulder, the ergonomics might be tough to get right.

3. I assume you just want to get the gun higher in your shoulder.

I would think the easiest way would be to cut an aluminum plate and bolt it on.

4. RUSH2112

RUSH2112 Big Member

Jan 12, 2007
    Florida
    Yeah I'm just trying to get it a bit higher on my shoulder, just an inch or so. I have vertabrae fused together in my neck and it's uncomfortable trying to get low enough for a solid cheek weld.

I'll see if I can make my own plate extention. I already have a spare buttpad I can put on there when I'm done.

To be honest something like lowracer's Hammerhead design would be ideal, but I want to keep the standard m4 look. No reason other than vanity I suppose.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  5. RUSH2112

RUSH2112 Big Member

Jan 12, 2007
    Florida
    This is probably a better pic, the first one can be misleading.

[​IMG]
    Looking to add an inch here