close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

"Experimental" 10mm CZ?

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by agtman, Aug 13, 2013.

1. agtman

agtman 10mm Spartiate

Feb 28, 2001
    Midwest
    Posting this for those who may have missed it. If you saw it already, sorry for the redundancy.

Many of us are long-time 10mm fans, especially us "oldsters" who, while we enjoy the Glock 10mms, have seen, shot and still own many others.

Assuming the YouTube vid below isn't someone's rather involved way of jerking the chains of long-suffering 10mm fans, it appears to be CZ's public outing of things to come.

The vid reveals an allegedly "experimental" CZ 10mm and shows it being fired, giving the viewer the inference that the gun is in the testing/vetting stage.

The pistol, to me, appears to use the frame of a CZ97B specially mated to something like a .40S&W P-07 Duty upper, and either CZ had a 10mm test barrel made for this prototype or they took a .40 barrel and reamed it out to 10mm specs (as others have done on .40 --> 10mm "conversions"). Same difference ultimately.

Using a .40-scaled slide would allow compatibility of the fit and specs of the breech-face (i.e., firing pin, ejector, extractor, etc.) with the back end of the 10mm case.

Magazines probably would be the easiest change-over, with CZ narrowing the feed lips of a 97B .45acp mag to .40/10mm-width. That wouldn't be that much of an engineering challenge, and the COAL of the .45acp and 10mm is nearly identical. They might've played with the follower a bit to ensure reliable feeding. Looks to be 15-rds sitting on that table at the start of the vid.

So are we seeing, essentially, a 15+1 10mm 97B? Do tell ... :shocked:

I'm also assuming that CZ boosted the springs up to XP levels or only allowed the shooter to use .40-level 10mm ammo in this prototype.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIK6cFPevmE"]http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIK6cFPevmE[/ame]

Things are sure getting interesting ... Just FYI for the group.

:cool:

Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  2. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    Interesting for sure

Thanks for the link. :cool:

3. agtman

agtman 10mm Spartiate

Feb 28, 2001
    Midwest
    Taking a view of the glass as half-full, not my normal disposition, :whistling: , it's possible that a CZ 10mm could spur Vltor to move off the fence on their updated/improved "Bren Ten" project.

By the way, CZ is already offering a high-end 14+1-rd 10mm, except that it's on the 1911-platform with a Para Ord-style hi-cap lower.

Billed as the Dan Wesson Titan, it ain't cheap ... $3,829.00 USD :faint:
    For that price, ya'd think they'd include an extra mag in the case.

Check it out: http://www.cz-usa.com/products/view/dan-wesson-titan/

:cool:

Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  4. RooK

RooK 10mm

Jul 5, 2004
    KY, USA
    I'd possibly buy one pending price. Maybe I won't have to fear shooting it and getting a cracked slide like I did with my Witness.

5. crazywednesday

crazywednesday

Mar 19, 2009
    Tacoma, Wa
    I will buy one if they make it in decocker.

Justin

6. Gary1911A1

Gary1911A1

Jun 14, 2005
    Ohio for now
    If true, CZ might be wiser to see if the Megar K2 10MM made for the Witness could be used. I have no doubt a CZ in 10MM would sell if CZ builds it correctly and maybe consider using flat wire springs that would allow for more compression. I'd likely buy one.:cool:

7. s0nspark

s0nspark Talk is cheap!

Jul 3, 2009
    The Old North State
    I have been trying to decide for ages what non-Glock 10mm to buy... This is by far the most interesting to me. I would preorder if they would let me :-D

Para's teaser of a double stack 5" 1911 would be a close second.

It sucks that the two I am most excited about are not even sure to ever see production :-(

8. MikeS.

MikeS.

Mar 25, 2009
    It is interesting, I'd be very keen on adding 1 to my stable.

9. Bullman

Bullman Deranged Deputy

Oct 11, 2003
    SW Virginia
    If CZ were to do this I wouldn't really care so much if Vltor ever put out the renewed Bren. I know it would appeal to my nostalgia side, but having the CZ would cover all the bases a new and improved Bren Ten would. I really want to see this gun happen.