close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Experiences with UTG Forends?

Discussion in 'The Kalashnikov Klub' started by pascal, Feb 26, 2010.

1. pascal

pascal

Jan 30, 2006
    Hello,
    Does anyone have experience with the UTG plastic Wasr forend with the bottom rail and cover and a short side rail. What are your opinions on quality and fit. Ability to take a vertical grip securely. I believe it has a heat shield. I am comparing it to the UTG quadrail aluminum. Thanks for any responses.
    pascal

2. ElectricZombie

ElectricZombie

Sep 15, 2003
    I have the aluminum quad rail version, and it seems to work as advertised. No complaints. They sell two versions; one slightly oversized for some of the larger Bulgaria barrels. Make sure you order the right one for your particular AK.

3. pascal

pascal

Jan 30, 2006
    Howdy ElectricZombie,
    Thanks for the heads-up. Although I like the old school looks, I do want to install a light.
    rhtwist

4. rich52us

rich52us

Mar 28, 2006
    WPB, FL
    I have an aluminum set-up on a MAK-90. Went on easy as pie. I put an eotec 512 on it with no problem. also a grip and light. All the gear went on as it should and the eotec holds zero even if I take it off and put it back on. It is a little on the heavy side but for me it was 65 bucks well spent.

5. pascal

pascal

Jan 30, 2006
    Hello rich52us,
    Thanks for the experienced opinion. I'm trying to decide on a plastic with rails on the bottom and sides or the Quad Rail. Wonder which is heavier?
    pascal

6. rich52us

rich52us

Mar 28, 2006
    WPB, FL
    I would guess the plastic would be lighter, but you would still need something on top if you intend to mount an optic.

7. pascal

pascal

Jan 30, 2006
    I'm using a side mounted scope quick detach.
    pascal

8. rich52us

rich52us

Mar 28, 2006
    WPB, FL
    Then it sounds like the plastic would work. My MAK-90 does not have the side mount.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2010
  9. pascal

pascal

Jan 30, 2006
    Thanks rich52us,
    I mainly want the forend to put a vertical grip and a light. Take care.
    pascal

10. Tailhunter

Tailhunter Glockman

Dec 25, 2007
    NC/VA State Line
    Can you let us know where you purchased it? Thanks.

11. rich52us

rich52us

Mar 28, 2006
    WPB, FL
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2010
  12. 9mm +p+

9mm +p+

Mar 1, 2005
    Old Dominion
    I've got one on my AK pistol, it works fine. I've had a couple of Red dots on/off and they all came back to zero when replaced on the rail, also have a light on it. Seems well machined to me.