close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Expanded XTP 124s and Gold Dot 125

Discussion in 'TOP GUNS *357 Sig* Club' started by jeffreybehr, May 10, 2010.

1. jeffreybehr

jeffreybehr Silver Member

Mar 14, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ USA
    Finally got out to destroy more waterjugs. Here are the results.

The XTPs, 2 new and 3 expanded, are on the left; the GD on the right. Shot into plastic waterjugs at c. 10', both at c. 1380FPS.

[​IMG]

Altho the GD looks a little better, in the sense that it stayed expanded to a greater diameter because the lead bonded to the petals held them out farther, I again am quite pleased with the performance of the XTP. Surely it's the best-value PD bullet around. At c. $15 per box delivered, I can afford to shoot them a bunch.

2. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

Jan 26, 2009
    San Jose, CA
    Thanks for opening a thread on this. I've included your other posts from the thread you originally posted them in.

3. jeffreybehr

jeffreybehr Silver Member

Mar 14, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ USA
    Minerva, TYVM. Not to confuse matters even more, but after developing that PD load with XTPs, I just bought 250 new Speer 125g. GoldDot LE-load cartridges* from a fellow GT member, so I guess I'll be carrying those for a while. :embarassed:

Now it's time to seriously work on an inexpensive practice round with the 124g. Berry's plated HP** at slightly lower velocities.

[​IMG]

I've loaded these to velocities as high as c. 1450FPS (at 10'), and those groups were as small as those of other bullets so apparently the plating adheres, but I think I'll try for c. 1200FPS.

* These are the slightly faster load, #54234... http://le.atk.com/general/speerproducts/handgun/GoldDot.aspx .

** HPs make shooting at waterjugs LOTS more fun. :supergrin:

Last edited: May 11, 2010
  4. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

Jan 26, 2009
    San Jose, CA
    Good idea.
    Obligatory plated bullets disclaimer. :whistling:

Last edited: May 11, 2010