close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Exotic holsters

Discussion in 'Gun-Parts & Access.' started by rickdogg414, May 2, 2012.

1. rickdogg414

rickdogg414 It's all a joke

Nov 16, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI
    Any recommendations on a place that makes holsters out of "exotic" animal hide/skin?

Thinking about getting my pops something a lil different for fathers day.

Thanks!

2. DRJ1911

DRJ1911

Jun 30, 2011
    You might try Wilson. They stock some exotic holsters. Many custom makers out there but big $$$ and long wait times.

Doyle

3. I will make you one out of unicorn hide if your checkbook is big enough. :tongueout:

Seriously, most all custom makers do exotics. Just depends on what you are looking to do.

4. 2-8 Marine

2-8 Marine Limp Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Rudy at Black Hills Leather did two very nice holsters for me, one in gator and one in rattlesnake. I'm not sure how long you might have to wait but it can't hurt to contact him. http://www.bhlstore.com/

5. Highnoonholsters.com has shark skin option and their holsters are very well made.

6. pezzulli

pezzulli

Jan 16, 2007
    New York
  7. DRJ1911

DRJ1911

Jun 30, 2011
    Scott, I might have to think about that unicorn skin holster for my Wilson.:rofl: :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Doyle

8. GThirtyTwo

GThirtyTwo Amor patriae

Feb 7, 2007
    Martinez, GA
    CB's Leatherworks aka "Zookeper" does the best work I have ever seen with exotic leathers.

His website is here - http://www.facebook.com/cbsleatherworks - his name is chuck and he can also be contacted (Zookeper) on the Georgia Packing website (georgiapacking.org)

9. fredj338

fredj338

Dec 22, 2004
    so.cal.
    If you google exotic leather holsters, a bunch of manuf will pop up.

10. rickdogg414

Nov 16, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI
    Can you stitch it with leprechaun pubic hair too? :rofl:

11. rickdogg414

Nov 16, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI
    Yeah I did that, but was looking for anyone that has used any of the manufacturers. Don't want to shell out $200 and get some crappy one

12. I will do my best! :wavey::rofl:

13. The exotic part really doesn't change anything other than the looks. Exotics are very thin hides that are actually overlayed on the base leather. Find a maker with a design you like and trust, then have them add whatever flavor of dead critter you like best.