Glock Talk banner

Ex-cops acquitted in beating death of homeless man in California

2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  17445 
#1 ·
#3 ·
The California jury found them not guilty of ALL counts.

That's telling because if the jury thought the two had done something wrong, the jury would have convicted them of at least something.

Now let's hope the two sue everyone involved for serious libel and slander.

#4 · (Edited)
Any chance Fullerton cops will get their jobs back?,thoughts from socal coppers here??Keeping in mind that the FEDS have not even started F...ing with them...id all goes well I hope they get mega bucks and at the least reinstated then a pension...this could happen to any cop in the country....JUST SAYIN...

#5 ·
Any chance Fullerton cops will get their jobs back?,thoughts drom socal coppers here??
Anything can happen with that. The guys from Inglewood got $800,000 and $1.6 million for wrongful termination. Even if they never get their jobs back that is still a nice nest egg.

It could take awhile for things to shake out. I have heard of officers taking almost 5 years to get their jobs back for admin firings, not criminal ones.

#6 ·
Ditto on CACop. The admin process after all this could and probably would take forever even with PORAC and LDF full involvement. I think the fastest I have seen these resolved if it went all the way is about 2-2.5 years.

The feeling around these parts is somewhat mixed from the crew... some people bought into the hype, probably fueled by all those around them that bought into the hype. I kept out of it for the most part because there was really nobody to talk to that wasn't already hellbent on one side or the other when this all went down.

#7 ·
I remember when it first happened on of our Sgts just came back from IA school and this case was discussed there. His opinion was they were done. I though the big reason why they were charged was the language spoken to the suspect before he ran. That and he "looked bad" in the hospital. I figured it was going to be an uphill battle for the DA when they are claiming compression was the cause of death and the officers were accused of hitting him. There is a bit of contradiction there for the jury to find reasonable doubt.

#8 ·
The California jury found them not guilty of ALL counts.

That's telling because if the jury thought the two had done something wrong, the jury would have convicted them of at least something.

Now let's hope the two sue everyone involved for serious libel and slander.
The prosecutor dropped the charges on the other officer.

#9 ·
Great news for the Fullerton officers!

Sure hope they don't get railroaded by the Feds and I hope the officers sue and get some big bucks!

#10 ·
The DOJ WILL go after the cops. Never mind facts. It's because a segment of society demands it, regardless of what the facts say or tell.

#12 ·
The DOJ WILL go after the cops. Never mind facts. It's because a segment of society demands it, regardless of what the facts say or tell.
It will be interesting to see if the Feds go for it. They may not or they may even charge every officer who laid a hand on him.

#13 ·
Any link to dead guys felonious past?

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.