close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ex-BART leo freed from prison after 11 months for manslaugter conviction.

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by ICARRY2, Jun 13, 2011.

1. ICARRY2

ICARRY2
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Life Member

2. MeefZah

MeefZah
    Expand Collapse
    Cover is Code 3

I'm glad he's out. Poor guy. Sure as hell didn't deserve to be branded a criminal for doing his job... liability falls on the POS that was resisting LE and a failure to train on the part of his agency...

:upeyes:

3. siblueg

siblueg
    Expand Collapse
    Gray Area

Sucks for everyone who was involved.

4. Deployment Solu

Deployment Solu
    Expand Collapse
    Kydex Crafter

I'm glad he is out. I wish him the best.

5. Mayhem like Me

Mayhem like Me
    Expand Collapse
    Semper Paratus

I'm glad he's out as well, however, he was criminally negligent, he shot a man he meant to taze.
    Some people do not belong in this line of work becasue they vaporlock under stress I am sorry that he had to find that out on the job.

6. Narc1911

Narc1911
    Expand Collapse
    Anchora Salutis

I agree

7. ray9898

ray9898
    Expand Collapse

I really hate that he destroyed his life in the blink of an eye but his mistake killed someone. I understand how the mistake happened however I still expect more than that from a trained LE officer. Hopefully he can get on the right track and move on to do sort of good in the world.

8. Dukeboy01

Dukeboy01
    Expand Collapse
    Pretty Ladies!

I said it in the original thread and I'll say it again: His second mistake was resigning. If he'd made the agency move against him instead of quitting, he'd have had a lot stronger argument during trial that his actions were the result of a training failure. That was the most important lesson I learned and I suggest we all take it to heart. Never resign. Make them fire you and defend their decision. Accidently killing a guy in the line of duty is tragic. Going to prison for it is more so. Glad he's out.

9. CAcop

CAcop
    Expand Collapse

I would be on the first Greyhound to Idaho if I were him. If he stays anywhere near the Bay Area his is a marked man.

10. AA#5

AA#5
    Expand Collapse

You'd be singin' a very different tune if this idiot wasn't an LEO.

Or if the victim was your son.

11. Newcop761

Newcop761
    Expand Collapse
    CLM
    1. The JBT's

We'd all be singing a different tune if Oscar Grant et al had followed the lawful orders of the police officers that night.

12. Mister_Beefy

Mister_Beefy
    Expand Collapse
    Legal & Proper

oh, shut up.

the man died because the cop was negligent. I suppose you think women who are raped should expect it because they have breasts and wear skirts.

yeah, poor helpless cop was a victim of circumstance.

We'd all be singing a different tune if the nitwit could tell the difference between at tazer and a firearm.

moreover, we'd all be singing a different tune if he had become a bus driver or accountant rather than a cop.

you know, we'd all be singing a different tune if the yellowstone caldera had erupted and killed us all the day before this happened.

you make me sick

13. ricklee4570

ricklee4570
    Expand Collapse

We all realize that he did not do it intentionally. But it was negligent. Along the same lines of a person who isnt paying attention while driving and runs over someone.

I know a man who was having gasoline stolen from his property (he had a trucking business). He was 67 years old. He called the police at least weekly to complain about the theft. One day he looks out the window and sees two guys pumping fuel out of one of the big tanks. He grabs his shotgun and shoots into the bushes to scare them away. His thinking was that it would teach them a lesson and they wont return. He knew they would be gone before the cops could get there.

Turns out that these two scumbags had brought their two teenage sons with them. They were hiding in the bushes. One of them dies.

He was sentenced to 8 years in prison for manslaughter. It was a death sentence for him. He died in prison two years later of a heart attack.

This cop got off lucky compared to a lot of others.

#13 ricklee4570, Jun 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2011
  14. Morris

Morris
    Expand Collapse
    CLM

Then I would make you vomit pea soup.

Go away little man. When you decide to FACTUALLY review the ENTIRE case, you will see culpability with both parties involved. Or in a math equation, 1+1=2/an unfortunate incident. Then come back and post in a rational manner rather than knee jerk reactionary dribble.

15. MeefZah

MeefZah
    Expand Collapse
    Cover is Code 3

I would raise my son to not be a piece of ****.

That incident was completely instigated by the deceased, therefore, he is ultimately responsible for his own demise. Sure, the officer pulled the trigger, but the officer was inserted in that situation by the actions of the deceased.

I've never had a cop prone me out and shoot me in the back. Know why?

16. ricklee4570

ricklee4570
    Expand Collapse

17. FiremanMike

FiremanMike
    Expand Collapse
    Way too busy

I'm glad someone said it.

18. Mayhem like Me

Mayhem like Me
    Expand Collapse
    Semper Paratus

yes! she is another that should not be where she is.
    The gun did not go bang by itself, she pulled the trigger.

Much like a guy texting mows down a pedestrian , it's criminal negligence and needs to be punished.

Every year we see more and more get into this line of work now because they need a JOB..This is not a job it's a calling it really is not for everyone no matter what the ADA says, certain people should not pin on the badge, and it has nothing to do with body type it has to do with whats behind the badge, character, integrity and compassion.

#18 Mayhem like Me, Jun 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2011
  19. RussP

RussP
    Expand Collapse
    1. The JBT's

If you want to continue this train of thought, start a new thread in the Civil Liberties Issues forum, don't do it here.

20. RussP

RussP
    Expand Collapse
    1. The JBT's

Someone answer this.

What is the procedure for granting an early release from jail/prison? Who makes the final determination?