Ex-ATF agents recall storm of gunfire in deadly 1993 Waco raid

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by DOC44, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    IRS, FBI and DOJ: Agents of Modern American Tyranny Political Issues Jul 19, 2015
    Any WV real estate agents or lawyers out there? The Okie Corral May 18, 2015
    DEA agents left college student in cell for five days, receive light punish Civil Liberties Issues May 6, 2015
    Federal agents steal Bitcoin..... Cop Talk Mar 30, 2015
    DEA agents had cartel-funded ‘sex parties’ in Colombia Political Issues Mar 26, 2015

2. We're way beyond that Waco thing and that Ruby Ridge thing...Obama and Holder would just drone 'em---WHOOSH-BANG!

No problemo. :steamed:

3. My reaction to this article at this time is to show how dangerous it is to allow "the people" to have guns to protect them and their family for what they consider an attack on their rights.

Gun control would have prevented these agents from being injured in the protection of their country.

To me it is another cheap shot from the pro gun control administration and other dumba**es.

ATF out gunned??

[​IMG]

Doc44

#3 DOC44, Feb 8, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  4. ATF ran out of ammo. I guess they were outgunned.

The FBI on the other hand...

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

5. kirgi08

kirgi08 Southern Rogue.
    Silver Member

This and Ruby Ridge are a very poignant memory for me.'08.

6. When a " a normal day in law enforcement" becomes:

there is something fundamentally wrong with the associated law enforcement agency from the top down.

This is not a game. It is not a sport. They were there to enforce a search warrant, arrest Koresh and confiscate illegal automatic weapons. Yet the initial crew thought it would be a kick-bootie party.

If these were the lessons learned from a 50 day siege than ended with the use of National Guard tanks and 76 dead, I'd say the correct lessons may not have been learned.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waco_siege
    Yeah.. This was going to be an ugly day from the start.
    So glad Janet Reno took full responsibility for this fiasco. That resulted in . . . . nothing. Just like Hillary's recent claim of responsibility for safety at Benghazi. Meaningless swill.

#6 engineer151515, Feb 8, 2013
  7. It is coming up on the 20th anniversary. It is probably not a part of a grand scheme.

Whatever happened at Waco the lessons were applied to other groups. Does anyone remember the names of the two groups where federal agents essentially installed chain link fencing around a compound and waited for them to come out?

Didn't think so because it doesn't give you any hate fuel.

8. Maybe we should hunt down Janet Reno and ask her (in honor of the anniversary and all) WTF was her hurry?!?

What drove her blood lust to the limit?!?:steamed:

9. One was up in New England, I think. The dentist and his wife? They were tax protestors or Sovereigns (or some offshoot of those movements), if I remember correctly.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

10. Actually, I'd phrase it as "it doesn't give [me] any complaints about abuse of power, over-reaches of authority or cases of inconsequential acceptance of responsibility".

I don't think for one minute that you believe me (personally) to possess some fundamental dislike for LEO's. The circumstances where I direct criticism usually fall in a pretty severe category - such as the Katrina gun grab (which did not include all LEO but certainly included NOLA Chief of Police).

Quite frankly, many Americans could not believe what we were watching when the tanks/engineering vehicles showed up at WACO.

#10 engineer151515, Feb 8, 2013
  11. 20 years later, some people still believe the LE will not shoot their fellow citizens when ordered to. :faint:

12. Was it ever proven that they had illegally converted their weapons to fully automatic instead of just using those Hellfire triggers? I know it doesn't matter for MSM reporting, I'm just curious.

13. BobbyS

BobbyS You Talkin ToMe

WACO...........one of the first parties thrown by the guv'
    ment with mantra: "it's for the children".

14. Why am I laughing? It's so true.

15. BobbyS

BobbyS You Talkin ToMe

Yeah I never did read how many M2s, M60s, claymors, and LAWs were recovered.

16. stevelyn

stevelyn NRA Life Member

Pfffffffffft................. They haven't even mentioned any select-fire rifles. :steamed: