close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Evolution: Another cheap answer!

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by Tilley, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Tilley

Tilley Man of Steel

Mar 21, 2006
    USA
    With no concrete scientific facts to prove it, atheists try to manipulate theories to fit their conjectures. Then they say facts don't have to been 100% proven in order to be facts.:rofl:

2. NMG26

NMG26

Jul 24, 2010
    NM
    How much should and answer cost?

It is easy to throw mud at another philosophy, but it does not help prove yours at all.

3. Tilley

Tilley Man of Steel

Mar 21, 2006
    USA
    We are of like minds, you and me.

We both see science as philosophy!:wavey:

4. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Jul 12, 2007
    Hope you know more about your religion than you do about evolution.

Randy

5. Tilley

Tilley Man of Steel

Mar 21, 2006
    USA
    Why yes Randy, I do. Thank you for asking!

God is real and alive.

Evolution is fiction.

Have a goodnight everyone! :wavey: Mom says it's time for this superhero to go to bed...:yawn:

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  6. Abraham Lincoln's paraphrasing of Proverbs 17:28 seems appropriate here.

-ArtificialGrape

7. NMG26

NMG26

Jul 24, 2010
    NM
    Interesting Tilley.

One of the fathers of Religious Science, and the author of the the book on metaphysics, "Science of Mind", is Ernest Holmes.

It is his book, that the "The Centers For Spiritual Living" are based in.

Yes, we are of the same mind. A spiritual one. :wavey:

8. NMPOPS

NMPOPS

Jun 11, 2002
    New Mexico & Michigan
    I'm confused. Why do athiests need concrete proof when christians need only faith? We each choose to believe or not believe. Why do I or anyone else need concrete proof? Of what?

Sent from my Ally

9. GreenDrake

GreenDrake Rip Lips

Apr 22, 2007
    North Idaho
    Here we go again. Billions of years of evidence versus a book of fairy tales. I'll take the evidence. Please tell me you also think that planet Earth is only 6000 years old too. I need to laughter this morning.

10. eracer

eracer Where's my EBT?

Apr 5, 2011
    Tampa, FL
    I wish Jesus would come back - if only to look at people who doubt evolution and say, "Hello...McFly?"

11. It is funny that atheists ask for concrete proof that God exists while choosing to believe that God doesn't exist.

I choose to believe that God exists because that faith gives meaning to my life. Choosing to believe that God doesn't exist means believing that in the large view my life is entirely accidental and therefore has no more meaning than accidentally stumbling over a rock. There is plenty of evidence for me to hang my faith on. As I walk with the Lord I can see that His ways are best and for everyone's benefit.

Matthew 5:44 But I tell you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you,
    5:45 that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the just and the unjust.

12. RC-RAMIE

RC-RAMIE

Mar 8, 2010
    If you can't find meaning in this life without faith in a higher being, then maybe you just not looking at it right.

13. eracer

eracer Where's my EBT?

Apr 5, 2011
    Tampa, FL
    I don't believe that most atheists want to convince the faithful that they are wrong. Some do, but they can be discounted in the same way that those faithful who claim to know the truth can be discounted.

I'm not strictly an atheist, but even if I were I would respect your belief that you gain meaning from your faith. I would also ask that you understand that it is mostly faith in myself that gives meaning to my life.

Unfortunately so few on either side of the discussion are willing to accept that faith in God and faith in oneself are no one else's business.

14. Japle

Japle John, Viera, Fl

Feb 26, 2000
    Viera, Florida
    Once again, you're wrong about the Atheist approach.
    We don't ask for concrete proof, because we know there isn't any proof.

We only ask that someone who makes the claim that there is a god use a modicum of critical thinking and supply some objective evidence to support their claim.

Objective evidence is never forthcoming. We expect that. It's no surprise.

It's also no surprise that the faithful criticize us for being skeptical, using critical thinking and refusing to go along with their mythology-based beliefs.

15. Atheists are so offended if there is a prayer in public, if there is a wreath in public or a Christmas tree.

I haven't seen any people of faith complaining that they are offended by someone else's lack of faith.
    I have seen the opposite. Nowadays the right to not be offended trumps the right of free speech.

16. That is a false statement. I posted a thread here not too many days ago that listed evidence.

The forum atheists didn't even bother to open a Bible and check it out before they began to poo-poo it. This is hardly objectivity.

The very fact that anything even exists is evidence that God exists. Again, there are few atheists that are willing to be objective about that either.

17. eracer

eracer Where's my EBT?

Apr 5, 2011
    Tampa, FL
    Don't confuse the right of Some People to exercise their religious beliefs with the right of Other People not to be forced to. You have the right to pray in public (and I defend that right.) But you don't have the right to make your prayer the only prayer that is allowed. That's what most atheists object to.

There are militants on both sides of the fence, but I believe that most people can choose to be tolerant of others if they wish.

The very nature of evangelism presupposes that people of faith believe in their moral superiority. You can say that's not 'being offended', but really, it's the same thing.

The issue of religious displays in public has been turned into yet another insane episode of 'Political Correctness Gone Wild.' I could care less if Tim Tebow and other NFL players want to say a quick prayer on the field. And it should be 'Merry Christmas', not 'Happy Holidays.' Wishing it otherwise smacks of the same evangelical arrogance as demanding that only Christian churches be allowed to build in a certain area.

18. Geko45

Geko45 Smartass Pilot CLM

Nov 1, 2002
    KCXO
    Your choice and how it makes you feel have no bearing on whether or not it is true.

This is the core reason why I think most believers cling so hard to their faith. This fear of meaninglessness that they perceive to be the inevitable and insurmountable consequence of not believing. Speaking as one that made the transition from christianity to athiesm as a mature adult, I can tell you that this is just a transitory phase on the journey and not where you come to rest. The final conclusion that athiesm brings you to is not hopeless, it's hopeful.

19. Japle

Japle John, Viera, Fl

Feb 26, 2000
    Viera, Florida
    I read your post, Vic, but it didn't contain any objective evidence. What you posted was along the lines of:
    That's not objective evidence. That's your subjective opinion. Calling it "evidence" doesn't change anything.