close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ever try to pet a cat's back feet?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Huaco Kid, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Huaco Kid

Huaco Kid

Mar 11, 2007
    State
    They're always lovey-dovey, in your face, on your desk, while you're on the internet.

A big fur wall that just won't go away?

So much hair that you get it in your mouth? And then you go "puff-puff, phlew...?"

And he's still there?!!?

Try to pet his back feet. He hates it.

It's the kindest cruelty I've ever inflicted.

2. I know the feeling very well.:rofl:

3. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

Dec 28, 2000
    I've got one that'll let me do that, He'll also not grip when I stick his tail in his ear.

The other two have something to say about it, though. My rescue girl was semi-feral and I'll lose skin and blood if I even try to cradle her.

4. airmotive

airmotive Tin Kicker

Nov 19, 2007
    Debris Field
    ...and we have a winner for this year's award for "Strangest question asked on GlockTalk"!

(as I type this, I'm sitting on a rooftop in Dhaka, drinking warm beer and feeding the mosquitoes. I needed a laugh and GT (as always) came through)

Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
  5. One of my cats likes to snuggle with his back against my side or belly and my hand holding his back legs against his belly. Guess the theory is he can push my hand away if he wishes (which he never does). We used to do the same thing, only with my hand on his belly. Guess I tickled him one time too many.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

6. My dog and I play the tap the paws game. It gets her going and gives her some exercise without her having to do much(she'll be 13 in june). It's always funny how it goes, she'll start grumbling then yipping then nipping.

7. happy seal

happy seal

Apr 12, 2007
    Connecticut
    Hand in your man card Huaco, you're done! :faint:

8. Lone Wolf8634

Lone Wolf8634 :):

Dec 23, 2007
    Under the bus
    Our Siamese loves to lie in my lap as I peruse the internet. After a bit his big fat butt begins to feel as if it's hyper-extending my knees (my feet are up on another chair). No amount of tickling his hair, patting his back or his ears (all of which usually irritate him) will make him give up his perch. He looks like a leopard laying on a tree branch. At best his ears will move to the "you're bugging me, stop it" position and he'll give me a sideways glare.

So I scratch him at the base of the tail, not hard mind you. Just a nice gentle scratch. the ears lay back, the head goes straight up with the nose pointed up, and he starts chattering like those cats in the Youtube vids.

10 seconds later he's laying on the floor glaring at me while he plots my demise.

And then the other cat sees the vacant lap and I have to start all over again.

9. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

Sep 20, 2003
    Penn's Woods
    We've got three cats - Beauties, every one!

One is a little female (C-6 or C-7 outcross) Jungle Cat. She's unbelievably quick and agile! She is - or, at least, once was - semiwild, and spends much of her time, now, as my lurking, 'shadow'. Over the past 4 years I've slowly persuaded her to trust me; and, yes, she'll let me touch her feet and tickle her between her splayed toes. (Unusual for any cat!) ;)

Sometimes she'll sneak up behind me; and, from a standing start, launch herself straight up into the air to land on my shoulder! It all happens so quickly, and is so silent that it feels like being suddenly touched by the invisible hand of an Angel. (But, alas, it's only my little Jungle Cat!) :supergrin:

10. Kevin108

Kevin108 HADOKEN!

Mar 2, 2005
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Depends on that cat. My wife and I have two that spread their foot out so you can rub them better. I had a few growing up that would do that too. Mom always called it "chicken toes."

11. ignantmike

ignantmike

May 14, 2008
    ohio
    my cat doesn't like the old i'll touch your back feet gig.....its a pain to try and snip the claws....I have to catch her when shes sleeping.....

[​IMG]

12. Hummer

Hummer Big Member

Mar 16, 2003
    Western Colorado
    :rofl:

It's a matter of trust, I think. Our cats like having their pads massaged.

They also love getting a "wet lick" every morning, it's become a daily ritual. After I shower I wet my hands with hot water and wipe the cats' fur from face back to the end of the tail. It facilitates their self grooming and connects the pride.... :cat:

13. costanza187

costanza187 I like Macs

May 10, 2003
    Indiana
    She is right here, let me try it...

she didn't seem to care one way or another

14. jakebrake

jakebrake cracker

Jan 11, 2011
    too close to philly
    our cats? couldn't care less.

my daughter's cat? touch her stomach? you'd better have next of kin info available.

15. Paul53

Paul53 Geezer Boomer

Nov 27, 2011
    Maine
    No, I never tried the back paw thing. I can make a cat bark like a dog. Since it involves lighter fluid, guess I'll skip the details for now. Hint, it's kinda tough on the cat.:burn:

Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
  16. ArtCrafter

ArtCrafter ¤Hocker Mocker¤

Jul 14, 2008

Most cats I've known actually enjoy demand some such form of 'torture'. :supergrin:

Matter of fact, woe be to the cat 'owner' who fails to regularly 'inflict' it.

Cats have ways of getting...even.

:cat:

17. G-Lock808

G-Lock808

Aug 17, 2009
    Mid Pac.
    Just tried it. She tried to bite me... Good thing she's lost most of her teeth.

18. goldenlight

goldenlight

Apr 15, 2007
    My 5+ year old female cat lets me do most anything I want. She's very laid back. Such a big sweetheart.

I don't think I've tried to pet her back feet.

But I will now.