close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ever heard of "Red White and Blue" magazine manufacturer?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by redraif, Feb 3, 2013.

1. redraif

redraif
    Expand Collapse

Newbie needs help.

My wife has a Glock 23 (.40 caliber). For some reason she only got one 13rd magazine with her gun. We assumed her x-husband conveniently forgot to give them to her, but he swears there were no others. Anyway we find this out after all this ban stuff is going on. So now its next to impossible to purchase any magazines. I found one site that has aftermarket high capacity 29 round magazines. They are made by a company called red white and blue. I did a bit of searching and could not find any reference or review of them. However, I did see folks say go with factory glock mags. So I wanted to just put it out there.

Does anyone have any experience with them? I figured if I'm going to get them I might as well get some high capacity ones while we still can. Can't find any genuine mags in stock anywhere...

Does anyone know anyone who has 13rd or above in stock in .40 caliber?

I went by a gun store to see what they had. A few 13rd ones for $50. However the guy say he has 3 22rd NIB genuine glock magazines for $50 ea of his own personal collection he is willing to sell because he sold the gun. Good price?

Thank you!

2. GRT45

GRT45
    Expand Collapse
    Transform & Win

Hello redraif, welcome to Glock Talk.

A good place for the latest information on reputable sources and pricing for scarce Glock factory mags that come in stock is the Sticky thread at the top of this forum (General Glocking). Follow along here: MERGED Buyer Intel for Glock Magazines

I've seen the Red White and Blue brand offered at Galati International, but I've never bought one to evaluate (45ACP in my case), nor have I read any reports from GT members on that particular vendor. It is almost certainly foreign made (most likely S. Korean) and imported into the USA for distribution domestically under various brand names.

If there is a factory mag alternative, which there is in your case, you will always be better off buying the factory product for reliability, quality and durability. If you decide to take a chance on a foreign knockoff mag, my advice is to buy only one and give it a thorough testing in your pistol. Don't expect too much. I've tested various aftermarket vendors for high-cap 45ACP mags and found suppliers that distribute a reliable product with a high quality mag spring, but the mags usually need mods such as different floorplates to make them durable in drop tests.

#2 GRT45, Feb 3, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
  3. AR15 guy

AR15 guy
    Expand Collapse

4. mnmiv

mnmiv
    Expand Collapse

Redraif,

I have a Scherer mag in .40 that I bought during the first AWB. It is for a G22, but will run fine in your 23. I was going to offer it in FTAGH forum, but if you you want it send me a note and I will send it to you. If memory serves, it is a non drop free with very few (if any) rounds through it.

5. redraif

redraif
    Expand Collapse

Pm sent