close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Ever heard of "Red White and Blue" magazine manufacturer?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by redraif, Feb 3, 2013.

1. redraif

redraif

Feb 2, 2013
    Georgia
    Newbie needs help.

My wife has a Glock 23 (.40 caliber). For some reason she only got one 13rd magazine with her gun. We assumed her x-husband conveniently forgot to give them to her, but he swears there were no others. Anyway we find this out after all this ban stuff is going on. So now its next to impossible to purchase any magazines. I found one site that has aftermarket high capacity 29 round magazines. They are made by a company called red white and blue. I did a bit of searching and could not find any reference or review of them. However, I did see folks say go with factory glock mags. So I wanted to just put it out there.

Does anyone have any experience with them? I figured if I'm going to get them I might as well get some high capacity ones while we still can. Can't find any genuine mags in stock anywhere...

Does anyone know anyone who has 13rd or above in stock in .40 caliber?

I went by a gun store to see what they had. A few 13rd ones for $50. However the guy say he has 3 22rd NIB genuine glock magazines for $50 ea of his own personal collection he is willing to sell because he sold the gun. Good price?

Thank you!

2. rl356

rl356

Aug 22, 2008
    Check out centerfiresystems.com. They currently have the Korean (KCI) magazines in stock. These mimic the factory mags and are 1/2 the price. I have quite a few of them in various calibers and they are 100% as reliable as my factory GLOCK mags.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2013

3. jdeere_man

jdeere_man CLM

Feb 25, 2007
    NW Missouri
    New OEM Glock standard capacity magazines should cost around $25 in regular times. If you can wait a while things might come back to normal and you can find some at a decent price.

4. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

Jun 20, 2010
    Texas
  5. RandomHero

RandomHero

May 14, 2012
  6. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

Apr 25, 2009
    SE Colorado
    Most aftermarket magazines are unreliable junk, the KCI ones are hit or miss in standard capacity, and the 29/31-round .40 KCI magazines are junk.

7. rl356

rl356

Aug 22, 2008
    Personal experience, or Internet rumor? I have many KCI mags for range use in both standard and increased capacities. They're all 100% reliable. Friends if mine have KCI mags that are performing flawlessly.

8. Tried two for my G-22. Biggest pieces of crap I have ever seen, Jammed up, could not load or un load.stay away

9. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

Apr 25, 2009
    SE Colorado
    I have two KCI G23 magazines, one bulges so bad that the stack of rounds locks up and won't rise, the other has been reliable but I don't trust it. I have two 31-round .40 magazines and they won't feed, they bulge and the stack of rounds locks up and won't rise. They use 17-coil springs the same as a Glock-brand 22-round magazine, so I suspect part of the problem is that they're undersprung.

The feed lips gouge the casings, the metal liners are nowhere near as smooth as in Glock-brand mags, and the metal liners bulge so bad that the stack of rounds locks up and won't rise. Maybe current KCI production is better but I doubt it.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
  10. redraif

redraif

Feb 2, 2013
    Georgia
    Oh good grief... my computer locked up when I was attempting to post. I guess it hit me with a double post. thanks for letting me know!

Sorry admins! :embarassed:

11. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

Jun 20, 2010
    Texas
    Wow, those are serious flaws. Do these 31-rnd mags that bulge have a full metal lining?

Inadequate spring strength and/or length is a common deficiency of knockoff mags. I've run into that myself in the world of 45ACP high-cap mags, but there are vendors that go the extra mile to install a strong spring. SGM Tactical is at least one I found that puts a good spring in the 27-rnd 45ACP mag they import from S.Korea. Replace the +2 extension on the bottom of the happy stick mag, which typically pops off in drop tests, with a standard flat floorplate and you have a reliable, durable alternative.

12. John_NJ

John_NJ

Jan 15, 2013
    NJ
    Pay the extra $$$ and stick with factory mags. Nothing makes a great firearm into a worthless paperweight faster than cheapie aftermarket mags.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

13. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

Apr 25, 2009
    SE Colorado
    Yeah they're fully metal lined, but it's strange because the metal liner is in two pieces. It looks like the top metal liner is for a G22 mag and they added another liner below it to extend it.

14. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

Jun 20, 2010
    Texas
    Ah, I can see that could be a problem; not only with mag body flex but also a place where the spring or rounds can bind up if the joint isn't perfectly smooth. The 45ACP happy sticks I'm familiar with have a full metal lining that is one piece without horizontal seams.

15. rl356

rl356

Aug 22, 2008
    Voyager4520: How old are you KCI magazines? I purchased the ones I have just a few months ago.

16. redraif

redraif

Feb 2, 2013
    Georgia
    If I had not just dumped a bunch of money into my own Beretta cx4,(wanted to get just in case the ban happened) I might have dropped some money to give one of the rw&b magazines a chance. Esp before we met this guy who will sell us some genunie glock mags. But I think, for now, I will take you guys warning and stay away. Spend that $150 on something I know I can rely on.

Maybe once we get our tax $ back I'll test the waters. If I do, I will be sure to let everyone know what the quality is.

17. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

Jun 20, 2010
    Texas
    Very good, you can't go wrong sticking with factory mags for critical-duty use.

In the future, if you get into evaluating and testing aftermarket high-cap mags, the following post may provide some helpful info on what to expect and problems you may encounter. My Review of the SGM Tactical 27-rd .45 ACP Magazine

18. redraif

redraif

Feb 2, 2013
    Georgia
    Ah thanks for that!