close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ever had a sense of dread?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Green70, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Green70

Green70

The past couple of days, I've been expecting to click on my link to Fox news or the Drudge Report and see a headline involving a major disaster.

I've had the feeling before and in a week or so, there is a major disaster like the Japan quake/tsunami or the Norway shootings.

I've nearly posted here before about it but figured I'd just get laughed at or called a freak...

It's not like I'm getting "visions" or having weird dreams, or anything vivid like that, just start feeling like something is about to happen, and then about half the time, it does...

So, if something big happens in the next week or so, then you'll know I'm officially a freak...:shocked:

2. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

I have been experiencing this for almost 4 years now.

ADDED: I'm serious.

3. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

Nightly. If I climb the hill behind my house I can see the Yellowstone Caldera which scientists say will blow at any time. According to them, this would be a planet-ending event but with a warning so short I won't have time to get my lawn chair, bottle of vodka and jar of Roxies. HH

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  4. dango

dango

It is known fact that some people are more sensitive to their enviornment.It by no means make you freakish just attuned in a way that many people are not. Your heightened awarewness may be there for a reason. Don't let it drive you crazy just stay more alert , It may matter to you directly or someone you know.

5. smokeross

smokeross GTDS Member #49

I had that same feeling for quite some time. Then the wife left, and the feeling of dread turned into relief.

6. Gregg702

Gregg702 Gold Member

The scary thing about Yellowstone is it could happen tomorrow, next year, in a hundred years, or even a thousand or more years, but it will happen.

7. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

i see what you did there:whistling:, and unfortunately it is contagious.:crying:

8. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puD1xnS831U"]PREDATOR2 : King Willie - YouTube[/ame]

9. AA#5

AA#5

Yeah, about 30 years ago.

Just before I said, "I do."

10. 427

Not really. I can't personally do much to stop, most if not all, of the bad stuff going on in the world. For me, I try not to spend too much time and energy worrying about them.

11. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

I predict the next major disaster will be in November.

12. stevelyn

stevelyn NRA Life Member

No, but for some reason I find myself waiting for the other foot to drop during April. Lots of d-baggery and disasters have occured during April.

13. Chuck TX

Chuck TX CLM

Yes. At a reggae concert. Dreads everywhere.

14. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

:upeyes:

If any of us predicts a disaster as varied as a natural disaster or mass shooting, anywhere in the world, we will be right within a few days. If we let that convince us that we are psychic, rather than psychotic, we aren't very smart. Even worse are the other people we'd fool by making such a prediction. :upeyes: "psychics" make a living by intentionally playing the odds in the same way, but it would be sad if a person convinced themself the same way the fake psychics convince others.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
  15. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

That's actually more like what tinfoil nuts on the internet and headline writers at Time say. Scientists say things mot like "no evidence that it will erupt any time in the near future" and the uplifitng of the land there has "slowed significantly" or even "We don't think the amount of magma exists that would create one of these large eruptions of the past," ... "It is still possible to have a volcanic eruption comparable to other volcanoes. But we would expect to see more and larger quakes, deformation and precursory explosions out of the lake. We don't believe that anything strange is happening right now."

16. gwalchmai

gwalchmai Lucky Member

Such feelings are a guaranteed self-fulfilling prophesy. When you find yourself dwelling on it, force your thoughts into more pleasant and hopefully productive areas. The disasters will happen whether you worry or not and there's nothing you can do to prevent them.

17. zagzig

zagzig

That's weird, me too. :rofl:

18. dherloc

dherloc X-Nuc

I have always told myself that if I ever had that feeling, I would turn around and do something other than what I had just been planning to do.

Such as taking a flight. Walk up to the counter and that feeling of dread hits, you better believe I will be missing that flight regardless of the cost.

19. vikingsoftpaw

vikingsoftpaw DEPLORABLE ME!

Yes, In 2008 when Obomba was elected is knew that I would be out of a job. Thirty days later I got let go.....

20. Mr. Niceguy

Mr. Niceguy Senior Member

I've heard that a strong sense of dread often precedes a major cardiac event.