close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

European surplus mags from AIM

Discussion in 'The Kalashnikov Klub' started by geofri, Jan 24, 2012.

1. stopatrain

stopatrain Lifetime Member

Aug 28, 2005
    Texas
    I think they are great mags, but my favorites are the Hungarian 20 rnd mags.

2. geofri

geofri Poikilotherm™ Lifetime Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Below sea level.
    A lot of people seem to like the 20 rounders. I'd like at least one, my AK would fit better in the safe with a shorter mag.

I never see them for sale.. any pointers on where to pick one up?

3. geofri

Apr 10, 2008
    Below sea level.
  4. Just FYI, I received four of these mags from AIM today. They're slightly rough looking, definitely used, but each one slipped into my Saiga like a glove! I can't wait to actually get out and use them.

And may I say while we're on the topic of magazines, thank God for Maglula magazine loaders! Holy HELL do they make loading these magazines easy! If I ever lose mine I will be VERY grumpy.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  5. Inebriated

Inebriated

Feb 20, 2012
    I've got 5 that work flawlessly. They are a tad sharp, though.

6. geofri

Apr 10, 2008
    Below sea level.
    Range report:

Emptied a half dozen of them without problems, then shot only the top 5-6 rounds out of the rest of them.
    I've no malfunctions yet for the aimsurplus "European" mags.

7. Never Nervous

Never Nervous

Aug 18, 2009
    Metro ATL
    I just took 4 out of the box about 10 min, ago. First impression is they look brand new but the edges are sharp as all get out. I thought they were Chineese at first but no "Made in China" on the bottom. I will try to get them to the range this weekend and give a report. If they work fine, I will probably get more. I would like some 20 round Hungarians to go with my SA-85M though.

NN

Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  8. plouffedaddy

plouffedaddy

Apr 1, 2011
    Carolina
    I have 8 of these mags. 0 failures in any of my AKs with Bear and Tiger ammo through about 1k rounds thus far.
    [​IMG]

^^Compared to a rommy mag.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  9. geofri

Apr 10, 2008
    Below sea level.
    Sharp enough the knuckles and finger pads on my hands hurt just thinking about it. gashes and slices just waiting to happen! I had to have spent 5-10mins on each mag smoothing them up.

Nice! :thumbsup: