European surplus mags from AIM

Discussion in 'The Kalashnikov Klub' started by geofri, Jan 24, 2012.

1. stopatrain

Lifetime Member

I think they are great mags, but my favorites are the Hungarian 20 rnd mags.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. geofri

geofri Poikilotherm™
    Lifetime Member

A lot of people seem to like the 20 rounders. I'd like at least one, my AK would fit better in the safe with a shorter mag.

I never see them for sale.. any pointers on where to pick one up?

3. CJStudent

CJStudent Fenced In

4. geofri

geofri Poikilotherm™
    Lifetime Member

Oh, well that was quick! Thanks!

5. Just FYI, I received four of these mags from AIM today. They're slightly rough looking, definitely used, but each one slipped into my Saiga like a glove! I can't wait to actually get out and use them.

And may I say while we're on the topic of magazines, thank God for Maglula magazine loaders! Holy HELL do they make loading these magazines easy! If I ever lose mine I will be VERY grumpy.

#26 Ironbar, Feb 29, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  6. I've got 5 that work flawlessly. They are a tad sharp, though.

7. I'm expecting 3 by the end of the week.

8. geofri

geofri Poikilotherm™
    Lifetime Member

Range report:

Emptied a half dozen of them without problems, then shot only the top 5-6 rounds out of the rest of them.
    I've no malfunctions yet for the aimsurplus "European" mags.

9. I just took 4 out of the box about 10 min, ago. First impression is they look brand new but the edges are sharp as all get out. I thought they were Chineese at first but no "Made in China" on the bottom. I will try to get them to the range this weekend and give a report. If they work fine, I will probably get more. I would like some 20 round Hungarians to go with my SA-85M though.

NN

#30 Never Nervous, Apr 4, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  10. I have 8 of these mags. 0 failures in any of my AKs with Bear and Tiger ammo through about 1k rounds thus far.
    [​IMG]

^^Compared to a rommy mag.

#31 plouffedaddy, Apr 4, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  11. geofri

geofri Poikilotherm™
    Lifetime Member

Sharp enough the knuckles and finger pads on my hands hurt just thinking about it. gashes and slices just waiting to happen! I had to have spent 5-10mins on each mag smoothing them up.

Nice! :thumbsup: