close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Etching in slide

Discussion in 'Gun-Parts & Access.' started by evoli, Apr 27, 2010.

1. evoli

evoli
    Expand Collapse

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to remove a etching on the slide of a glock? I have one and it needs something removed.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. 9mmXRAY

9mmXRAY
    Expand Collapse
    IDPA MW2 GSSF

A good pro can fill and recoat.. sometimes it takes a welder... grinding.. polishing... then a duracoat. If you want it to last dont go cheap...

I've seen the fill done for $25-$75 and a duracoat isnt very expensive.

I didnt wanna say... but I've seen stripped slides get filled with automotive bondo... smoothed and duracoated... Thats the $25 fill... all the rest like the duracoat is more.

I haven't heard of anyone I know that had engraving bondo'd out... complain... looks great and still holding up... but I dunno if something impact where the bondo is... might crack or fall out.

#2 9mmXRAY, Apr 27, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2010
  3. evoli

evoli
    Expand Collapse

Not sure I would accept bondo but have spoken to a couple of gun smiths and they have no idea of a good way to do it. I got the name of a tig welder who I have not spoken to yet.
    Thanks

4. 9mmXRAY

9mmXRAY
    Expand Collapse
    IDPA MW2 GSSF

That is exactly who you need... the guy I know is a gunsmith but used to be a welder... funny how that works sometimes...

5. RLHas

RLHas
    Expand Collapse

Any way you could post a pic of what you are looking to do? It may be a simple scuff pad fix.

6. evoli

evoli
    Expand Collapse

Well not at this time but I have been told by two different gunsmiths that it would not be wise to do this as even if filled in by a tig welder and reblued it would still not be right. I think I will just leave it alone for now.
    Thanks