close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Essential Arms Lowers?

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by glock21xxx, May 24, 2011.

1. glock21xxx

glock21xxx

Apr 10, 2009
    Hey Guys

Quick question

I recently got a trade offer...

Kind of wanted to get a second opinion as there are far more educated people than myself on the subject of AR's, etc.

I have been offered to trade an Essential Arms lower w/mil spec upper w/20" barrel. AR15-A1.

The rifle has seen some rounds through it. The lower is worn in pretty good on the finish - which I don't mind. The guy uses it as a target rifle at the moment - or so I have assumed.

It has the old triangle style handguards.

What would you put the value on something like this?

He wants to trade for a Gen 3 G19 with some extras I have, I guess I just don't want to get ripped off. I built an AR some time ago....don't really need another one, but it sure was fun to work on the one I built.

Any thoughts?

2. thisaway

thisaway Moderator

Jan 11, 2000
    Soddy Daisy, Tenn.
    If it has a decent upper on it, I would value it in the $500-$550 range...about the same as a new G19. You would probably be doing OK in a trade for a used G19.

3. FatBoy

FatBoy Millennium Member

Sep 2, 1999
    ME
    Probably a safe trade, but really not enough info on the AR to make any educated decision.

FB

Last edited: May 25, 2011
  4. mattallamerican

mattallamerican

Feb 17, 2011
    you can get a lower for 70 dollars and a parts kit for 500 dollars what a used 19 and the extras your adding in worth