close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Essential Arms Lowers?

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by glock21xxx, May 24, 2011.

1. glock21xxx

glock21xxx
    Expand Collapse

Hey Guys

Quick question

I recently got a trade offer...

Kind of wanted to get a second opinion as there are far more educated people than myself on the subject of AR's, etc.

I have been offered to trade an Essential Arms lower w/mil spec upper w/20" barrel. AR15-A1.

The rifle has seen some rounds through it. The lower is worn in pretty good on the finish - which I don't mind. The guy uses it as a target rifle at the moment - or so I have assumed.

It has the old triangle style handguards.

What would you put the value on something like this?

He wants to trade for a Gen 3 G19 with some extras I have, I guess I just don't want to get ripped off. I built an AR some time ago....don't really need another one, but it sure was fun to work on the one I built.

Any thoughts?

2. thisaway

thisaway
    Expand Collapse

If it has a decent upper on it, I would value it in the $500-$550 range...about the same as a new G19. You would probably be doing OK in a trade for a used G19.

3. FatBoy

FatBoy
    Expand Collapse
    Millennium Member

Probably a safe trade, but really not enough info on the AR to make any educated decision.

FB

#3 FatBoy, May 25, 2011
    Last edited: May 25, 2011
  4. mattallamerican

mattallamerican
    Expand Collapse

you can get a lower for 70 dollars and a parts kit for 500 dollars what a used 19 and the extras your adding in worth