close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Eric Holder -- Requests Executive Privilege on F&F

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by JFrame, Jun 20, 2012.

1. JFrame

JFrame

May 29, 2001
    Mid-Atlantic, US of A
    Just breaking on Fox News -- Holder has requested Executive Privilege on the F&F documents, and evidently, Obama has granted it.

2. Glock30Eric

Glock30Eric .45 ACP

Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Maryland

3. aircarver

aircarver Ride Continues Silver Member

Impeachment Time !

4. JFrame

JFrame

May 29, 2001
    Mid-Atlantic, US of A
  5. Numismatist

Numismatist 5-Stand!

Nov 2, 2011
    Coast of Maine
    Clever way to hide things...of course O will claim that it's just Republicans playing politics and he's trying to stop that...

6. JFrame

JFrame

May 29, 2001
    Mid-Atlantic, US of A
    If anyone had even the remotest inkling that the Obama administration wasn't trying to hide something -- I believe this pretty much dispels that notion.

7. amazon

amazon

Jul 11, 2010
    MA
    I thought it could only be used in relation to national security. If so, WTF does F&F have to do with national security?

8. Glock30Eric

Glock30Eric .45 ACP

Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Maryland
    Wow, thank you for pulling this information in.

Yes, and it should have done long time ago.

================

I was wondering if many of Americans understand this situation? I hope so, if so, they would have screamed at Obama for this action.

9. Goaltender66

Goaltender66 NRA GoldenEagle

Looks like the story is getting interest, but alas CNN is trying to define it as a holdover policy from the Bush administration. It actually wasn't.

Indeed, if that claim were even close to being true, the Obama Administration would be showing Congress (and everyone who'll listen) every single document and crowing about how they fixed a Bush-era screwup. Instead we're getting nth-level stonewalling.

10. aircarver

aircarver Ride Continues Silver Member

If it brings down the regime, they consider it related to 'national security' - theirs !

11. Goaltender66

Goaltender66 NRA GoldenEagle

Also, the power is not absolute, and Courts have denied claims of EP based on an adequate showing of need. Given the stonewalling by the AG, there's plenty of need shown.

Obama just made a big error by inserting himself into this during an election year. He could have thrown Holder under the bus, but instead he stuck his nose in it and now Holder being held in contempt just became a campaign issue.

12. JFrame

JFrame

May 29, 2001
    Mid-Atlantic, US of A
    In the United States v. Nixon, the SCOTUS found unanimously against the president when he tried to invoke Executive Privilege in withholding certain Watergate-related tapes and documents.

From Wiki:

Dang -- there's that nasty ol' Constitution again...!

But then -- Obama IS a "Constitutional scholar"... :upeyes:

13. JFrame

JFrame

May 29, 2001
    Mid-Atlantic, US of A
    Thanks, Goaltender -- I just saw your post after writing mine immediately below yours...

Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
  14. whoflungdo

whoflungdo

Jul 15, 2008
    MS

Makes you wonder what Holder has on Obama. I hope he doesn't accidentally commit suicide...

15. Baba Louie

Baba Louie

Sep 6, 2001
    Only if Romney/Boehner want to make it an issue... which I doubt based on their spoken words to date. Which I find curious unto itself. Unless it's to negate or distance themselves from the earlier similar situation Bush's admin began... dunno. :dunno:

16. Syclone538

Syclone538

Jan 8, 2006
    I was concerned for the guy they sent to Iraq last year.

17. JFrame

JFrame

May 29, 2001
    Mid-Atlantic, US of A
    Regardless of the comparisons between F&F to Operation Wide Receiver -- which are tenuous at best -- the real issues now are the death of at least one law enforcement officer as a direct result of F&F, and the resulting cover-up and lying under oath.

That animal has mutated into something else entirely.

18. JBnTX

JBnTX Texas

Aug 28, 2008
    Texas
    Executive privilege means that Obama is eyeball deep in F and F.
    No doubt Obama is behind the executive privilege request.

From here on out Holder is just running interference for Obama.