close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

EOW: USBP Douglas AZ - Second BP Death This Week

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by blk69stang, Oct 7, 2012.

1. blk69stang

blk69stang

Jan 10, 2011
    Arizona
    Man, the US Border Patrol's Tucson Sector has had a rough week, losing a second agent right on the heels of the high-profile friendly-fire death of BPA Nick Ivie earlier this week.

RIP Agent Knight. :fallenofficer:

Official message below (edited for privacy of the family):

Ladies and Gentlemen:

It is with great sadness that I inform you of the death of Border Patrol Agent Richard "Sterling" Knight from the Douglas Border Patrol Station. Agent Knight passed away Saturday, October 6th, as a result of an unexpected illness.

Agent Knight, a 29 year old Texas native, entered the Border Patrol Academy as a member of Class 1000 on January 16, 2012. He is survived by his father, his mother, his step-mother, his step-father, and his two sisters. His step-father is the Assistant Patrol Agent in Charge of the Uvalde, Texas Border Patrol Station. Agent Knight's mother, is a former Border Patrol agent.

On behalf of the entire Border Patrol family, I extend my deepest sympathies to Agent Knight’s family, friends, and colleagues. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.

2. God bless the good folks on the front line of the Border Patrol.

Godspeed, Agent Knight.

3. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    Man, you're right they can't catch a break out there. It is amazes me there is a class 1000, it makes me feel old. 29 is just too young. A tragedy.

4. ClydeG19

ClydeG19

Oct 5, 2001
    Arizona
    It's been a rough couple of years for BP in Arizona.