EOW: Texas DPS, Highway Patrol

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by scottydl, Oct 6, 2012.

1. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Texas man shoots armadillo, gets hit in face by bullet ricochet The Okie Corral Saturday at 9:03 AM
    New Glock owner from Texas Introduction Forum Saturday at 2:09 AM
    Why I Like Texas Lone Star Glockers Jul 27, 2015
    Nearly 3,000 murders in Texas by illegal aliens. The Okie Corral Jul 23, 2015
    New guy from Texas Introduction Forum Jul 23, 2015

2. :fallenofficer:

3. :fallenofficer:

My condolences.

After 35 years of service, 67 years of age is way too old to be a cop.

4. RyanNREMTP

RyanNREMTP Inactive/Banned

5. Hack

Hack Crazy CO
    Gold Member

6. From what I was told he was a retire/rehire. TX DPS is big on rowing now and made it required PT. He got to 1600 meters and then had a heart attack on the rowing machine.

:fallenofficer:

7. I have a different view...

I don't know the specifics, but if that's what he wanted to do, then more power to him. There may have been limitations on duty, but he has a lot of experience to share.

On a related note,I remember reading a story about a retired Army dentist who volunteered to be reactivated for active duty and went to Afghanistan. He was something like 82!

8. Rest in peace, Sarge.

9. Cav

Cav

I was going to mention about that and held back.

A few years back DPS got some funds/deal with Homeland Security/Border Patrol for extra support. It was like 500 to 1000 Troopers. I know a number of local Troopers that retired and rehired with the same rank and area. Now they were good in there day, but like most in their 50's are not at their prime. They also had the new PT tests (a few options IIRC based on age). It had a lot of the older worried, but they liked the deal they got to leave and come back.

I wonder if this will make any changes to what they were/are doing. Boxing had the "knock out" taken away.

10. I doubt it, I think DPS "fancys" themselves a bit too much and will continue with this, all the while cutting out shortened classes for laterals.

:fallenofficer: Trooper

11. Panzergrenadier1979

Panzergrenadier1979 Keystone Cop

Be at peace Sergeant Hernandez.

:fallenofficer:

12. old_pigpen

old_pigpen Huh? What?

RIP Sarge, and thank you for your service.

13. 25pd

R.I.P. Sgt. and at least you died still serving the people of Texas doing something you loved...

14. Thomasc18

Thomasc18 NRA Life Member

15. 35 years... Thank You Sergeant. Prayers for you and your family.