close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

EOW - Det. Bill Gannon, LAPD

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by blueiron, Dec 7, 2011.

1. blueiron

blueiron

Aug 10, 2004
  2. Roger that, great actor in many roles. He played a great punch guy to Jack Webb's straight man. One of my favorite scenes from Dragnet is when he decides to "brown bag it" to work, but instead of a lunch bag or lunch box, he whips out a fishing tackle box and has all of his food compartmentalized.

A nice long life to age 96. RIP my friend.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2011

3. In Dragnet, did "Gannon" ever make Detective? I only remember him being referred to as "Officer Gannon."

Anyway, I always did enjoy his work. I guess the big movie-studio-in-the-sky just signed on another great actor.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
  4. Makes me wish there were an 'honorary section' at ODMP. I would vote for folks like Jack Webb, James Arness, etc as well.

5. ateamer

ateamer NRA4EVR

Didn't they always refer to them as Sergeants Friday and Gannon? With Jack Webb's bent for authenticity, I'd be surprised if he would make a mistake like that since Detective is an LAPD rank, not just assignment. I think that they had witnesses and other civilians calling them "officer", though.

Favorite Dragnet scene: From the "Blue Boy" episode. Friday and Gannon bust in on an LSD party. Gannon pulls the plug on the stereo while Friday turns the lights on. Gannon: "Alright, everybody, sober up and try to pay attention. It's our duty to inform you of your constitutional rights. You have the right to remain silent..."

6. Hack

Hack Crazy CO Gold Member

I liked his acting. He'll be missed.

7. CAcop

CAcop

Jul 21, 2002
    California
    He had a long life. Long enough for me to think he had died 10 years ago.

8. Ouch..., that's the last thing any actor or performer wants to hear. :supergrin:

Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  9. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

I love those guys... but I still think the original Adam-12 was the shizznit because patrol is where it be at!

RIP, sir, you will be missed!

10. CAcop

CAcop

Jul 21, 2002
    California
    Everybody needs to know when it is time to hang it up and go fishing.

11. Bullman

Bullman Deranged Deputy

Oct 11, 2003
    SW Virginia
    You got that right brother...... but Gannon and Friday still were pretty cool.

Always wished I could be as good as Pete Malloy though.