close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Eotech;s customer service is top notch

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by farmer2, Mar 10, 2012.

1. farmer2

farmer2
    Expand Collapse

I know optics are a popular topic in this sub-forum so I am posting this here. I recently purchased an Eotech 516 from a board member. The site was supposedly in perfect working order. However, In bright light it faded out totally and there were dead spots in the FOV. I contacted Eotech through their online repair service. Two hours following my inquiry, I received an email from their service department informing me that it would be a "no charge" repair and to send it in. I sent it on Feb 23 and they received it on Feb 27. On March 9th I received my repaired optic in perfect working condition (14 business days). I know battery life is an issue that some people can't get passed. However, if you can, it is great to know Eotech is a company that thoroughly supports their product. I was really impressed and will be a lifelong customer.

Farmer2

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #1 farmer2, Mar 10, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2012
  2. TSAX

TSAX
    Expand Collapse
    USAF Vet

Thats cool, its always good to hear companies taking care of people. Springfield Armory has always taken care of me really well when I had a few issues.

:50cal:

3. themighty9mm

themighty9mm
    Expand Collapse

I have been planning on getting either an eotech or aimpoint, and been on the fence the last week or so asto what to get. I have playd with an eotech. Loved the reticle. I have played with similar tube type red dots in the past. They work but not as fond of the reticle. The battery life is a huge bonus but the reticle keeps me bouncing back and forth.... On to the point. This is not the only post where I have read about great CS from eotech. Its posts like this that push me closer and closer to eotech.

4. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank
    Expand Collapse
    Who?

I've never heard of complaints from Aimpoint's CS, either. Then again, it's pretty rare to hear of anyone needing to seen an Aimpoint in for repair, either.

5. themighty9mm

themighty9mm
    Expand Collapse

You have a good point, but the larger window and circle dot reticle are something I strongly desire. Then again so it durability and battery life. I want the best of both worlds. Aimpoint and eotech need to make a combined effort.

Any clue what makes an aimpoint more durable? Was reading eotech site and read something about their electronics being housed in fitted plastic or some such jazz

6. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank
    Expand Collapse
    Who?

Also, I'd imagine the Aimpoint uses a smaller, simpler emitter due to the smaller and simpler dot. That's probably a big part of the battery life difference, too.

7. Jack Black

Jack Black
    Expand Collapse

In all the years I've been reading gun forums, I'm not sure I've ever read about a problem with an Aimpoint. If I have, they've been so few that I don't recall them. I read about problems with EOTech all the time.

8. farmer2

farmer2
    Expand Collapse

I made my choice based on which optic I shot better with. For me, the eotech system is much faster for the run and gun shooting I like to do. I will never own an aimpoint because I am slower with them. Plus, the 1MOA dot is much easier for me to shoot accurately beyond 100 yrds. To each his own.

farmer2

9. sgtlmj

sgtlmj
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Life Member
    Millennium Member

Eojunk's CS should be good, they get enough practice.

I've had 4 Eo's over the years, always hoping that they worked out the bugs. Every one of them failed on me. I've seen so many fail in classes, matches, and on duty rifles over the years that I wonder how they stay in business.

10. Made Man

Made Man
    Expand Collapse
    Glock-o-holic

:popcorn:

Oh no, here we go.

11. series1811

series1811
    Expand Collapse
    Enforcerator.
    CLM

My agency used put Aimpoints on our ARs and then switched to Eotechs. I don't remember ever hearing about a problem with the Aimpoints, but I have only seen one of our Eotechs go down. But, we also have a lot more Eotechs (about 2500) than we had Aimpoints (only a 1000 or so). I never had problems with either one.

I think it comes down to personal preference. I think if you combined an Aimpoints controls and battery system, with an EOtechs field of view, you would have the best of both worlds.

Why someone doesn't do that, I don't know.

#11 series1811, Mar 11, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2012
  12. Airborne Infantryman

Airborne Infantryman
    Expand Collapse
    'Murica!
    1. Glock Talk's Drunk Squad

That's funny- the one on my M249 SAW in Iraq never let me down during the 15 months I used it......

Same with the one on my SL's M4.......and the same with the EXPS3-0 I bought last year......you must just have ****ty luck. :dunno:

#12 Airborne Infantryman, Mar 11, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2012
  13. Javelin

Javelin
    Expand Collapse
    Got Glock?
    Silver Member

I was wondering where all this internet commando hatred for EOTech is coming from too.

Because of these horror stories I am beginning to not trust mine.... but for what reason I have no idea.

:dunno:

14. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank
    Expand Collapse
    Who?

I've seen WAY more wrecked and failed EO Techs than Aimpoints - sometimes to the point of boxes full of them.

15. sgtlmj

sgtlmj
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Life Member
    Millennium Member

I've never been able to kill an Aimpoint and I've owned a bunch of those. It's not just me (although my luck is in the lower percentile sometimes.) Last match I shot was February and a guy had one die on him. It was 10deg out, but they should still work in the cold.

@Javelin, I hope it's not me you're calling an internet commando. :rofl:

16. Restless28

Restless28
    Expand Collapse

I seem to recall the SEALS in Act of Valor using the EOTech. :whistling:

17. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank
    Expand Collapse
    Who?

They had plenty of Aimpoint M2/M3's as well.

18. Restless28

Restless28
    Expand Collapse

True.

19. MrMurphy

MrMurphy
    Expand Collapse
    Moderator Moderator Millennium Member Lifetime Member

Eotech's had enough experience swapping out bad ones, of course they are pros.

And while good ones do exist (I've used a few) replacing 80 out of 100 issued in a single batch is far from unheard of. As in an entire squadron or battalion needing replacements within months.

20. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank
    Expand Collapse
    Who?

Seeing one SSA with 20+ wrecked EO Techs and one or two Aimpoints after a battalion came back from deployment was all the evidence I ever needed. I went Aimpoint and will not go back.