close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

EOTech & RR

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by STI, Jun 26, 2011.

1. STI

STI

Mar 4, 2003
    Cash,Texas
    Just a note about my EOT 512 I could not be more pleased with it, in the last 3 weeks I have 6 - 1 shot hits on coyotes, with 5&6 this am, most about 125 yds todays were some farther, for me it works great for my intended useage. The round count on my RR is 3642, not 1 problem with the EOT or RR. I dont recommend either to anyone but for me they work well, if I had it to buy over I would do the same thing again. This is turning into my favorite rifle real fast.

2. Clint-M

Clint-M

Jul 7, 2010
    RR, Texas
    :cool: Glad your set-up is running like a champ for you. Those are some damn fine shots considering the lighting at 5 or 6 AM.

CM

3. STI

STI

Mar 4, 2003
    Cash,Texas
    The 5 & 6 I mentioned were coyote number 5 and 6, they were about 7 am today, 55 gr Nosler BT with 26.2 gr ww 748 and win sr primers. I know there are per the advice given here much better setups but I could not be more pleased with my RR and EOT......................☺ You can just see the entrance hole in shoulder.

I did not even get to use my "Tactical flashlight, grenade launcher,bayonet,laser or combat knife"

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 26, 2011
  4. Clint-M

Clint-M

Jul 7, 2010
    RR, Texas
    Haha, I was too busy thinking "RR, I didn't see that on the chart!" to read your post fully.

Did your rifle even come with a MS2 Sling attached? Just in case you needed to switch to your weak shoulder for the shot?

CM

Last edited: Jun 26, 2011
  5. STI

STI

Mar 4, 2003
    Cash,Texas
    No Clint I dont use a sling, it just gets in the way, I even use 20 rd mags, they dont get hung up on heavy brush etc as much.

6. Clint-M

Clint-M

Jul 7, 2010
    RR, Texas
    I was joking, but I'm now unsure if you are. :whistling:

Obviously you wouldn't need to switch to your opposite shoulder for a shot on a coyote.

CM

7. You are joking, really and not even a BCM, wow I never thought I would see the day......All kidding aside, supurb rifle, optic and shooting. While you would not recommend the setup, your picture and description of performance sell it on their own.

8. STI

STI

Mar 4, 2003
    Cash,Texas
    Because of all the negative about Rock River here, it shoots moa or less with a good scope on it, never had any problems at all, short easy to use and the EOT works great. I would buy the same setup again in a minute, it works. I tried slings but they just get in the way for me, if I knew what kind to get I probably would do so. I like all brands of AR's, I do prefer my RR over my old Colt. With the lifetime warranty on the RR I have no regrets at all. I have $1249.95 total in the rifle and EOTech and very pleased with both of them. I had an FN before I retired and the RR will out shoot it accuracy wise.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2011
  9. mjkeat

mjkeat

Jun 17, 2009
    Midwest
    Good shooting. Ive been real interested in doing some coyote hunting but haven't been able to find anywhere to do so around here.

To comment on what you said about people being negative toward RR. No one was being negative. In fact what I read was RR makes a decent rifle. Just because someone says there is something better doesn't mean RR is bad.

10. STI

STI

Mar 4, 2003
    Cash,Texas
    My mistake if I read it wrong, but the PM's sure were not pro RR, I just smile to all of it. I live in a rural area and can hunt out my back door if I wish, I have shot several off my patio table, I am out every day here with cattle and see quite a few yotes and shoot almost daily at something. I live east of Dallas about an hr or so, are you anywhere close?

11. HAIL CAESAR

HAIL CAESAR Senior Member

Mar 1, 2007
    In my shop
    STI,

You do know that you are risking your life without a BCM!!! The coyotes might find out you have something other than a BCM and attack you in waves!!:rofl:

Seriously that is some nice shooting! I don't love many more things than sitting out and calling some yote's in, especially with an AR.:wavey:

Which model do you have?

12. mjkeat

mjkeat

Jun 17, 2009
    Midwest
    Sorry to hear about the PMs.

I'm in S.C. KS. Its roughly a 6hr drive to D from my front door.

Id love to have a set-up similar to you. It however is a totally different story trying to talk the wife into moving outside of town.

13. STI

STI

Mar 4, 2003
    Cash,Texas
    HC it is the Opr 2 RR with EOTech 512, a local shop got it in for a lady and she failed to pick it up, I debated for quite awhile of what to get but the match shooters at my club all recommended the RR guns and had no problems with them.
    Here are a few more ex RR targets! It does get some use, 7 days a week.

[​IMG][/IMG]

14. Clint-M

Clint-M

Jul 7, 2010
    RR, Texas
    I'm green with envy of that statement. I'm young so I've still got plenty of time to do so but I have always wanted to own enough land in TX to shoot out my back door. That's how I first started shooting when I was 8, out back with dad's rifle and a wooden target we made.

For your use, it doesn't sound like a sling even could do you any good. Unless you go walking out on your land with the rifle, then a nice VTAC padded 2-point or something similar would probably be as good as it gets.

CM

15. STI

STI

Mar 4, 2003
    Cash,Texas
    Clint you in Round Rock or Red River Tx?
    This my daily fence fixing rig, prior to getting the EOT, iron sights then, tools,rifle and rod and reel

[​IMG]

My desk! Vaccines,syringes,scalpels,notebooks,branding irons plugged in.

[​IMG]

It dont get much better than this.

16. HAIL CAESAR

HAIL CAESAR Senior Member

Mar 1, 2007
    In my shop
    STI,

That is beautiful country you have there! I hunt with a RRA too and and love it. Mine and a Annie 17 Mach II sit by the back door for targets of opportunity.

17. Clint-M

Clint-M

Jul 7, 2010
    RR, Texas
    Moved to Round Rock last year from Lufkin but my dad had a few hundred acres out in Forestburg.

CM

18. bmoore

bmoore

Jan 15, 2006
    Under a regime.
    STI- I am extremely jelous of your situation with yote hunting! I hunt around El Centro in CA and its pretty good down there, but its an hour from my house. Theres closer places but not as many dogs. Im going to try my AR exclusively this year until I can handload for the 22-250, it just tears them up to much inside of 100 yards. Im glad you like the Eotech so much. Ive shot more coytoes with iron sites than I have a magnified scope, not sure why but I just like them better. You can typically call in coyotes pretty close out here, very few hang up past 150 yards. Some will come into your lap at a dead run. Nice pics.

19. STI

STI

Mar 4, 2003
    Cash,Texas
    I got 2 early spring with my Glock 32 from my patio and from the kitchen window, a 357 sig empty case does not work well in the garbage disposal. I shot them with Ranger T ammo, they folded at about 40 yds.........Also 2 with 12 ga shotgun last winter. Before the RR my main rifle was an old Rem 788 in 243, its hard to beat.