close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Entitlement ......?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by dango, Oct 14, 2012.

1. nursetim

nursetim

Mar 1, 2006
    liberalville N. M.
    Quoted for truth, well said.

2. frizz

frizz

Jul 6, 2012
    In the military, there are those who work to get the mission done, and there are those who work on getting promoted. This goes for both commissioned and non-commissioned officers.

It is a sad, sad part of human nature, no?

3. G23Gen4.40

G23Gen4.40 .40 Rocks

Mar 8, 2012
    SW Ohio
    +1000

4. frizz

frizz

Jul 6, 2012

I don't agree with you 100%, but the general issue of the public trough is a sticky wicket.

"Well, that just depends on who's ox is getting gored." - I donno who said it.

5. G-19

G-19

Jul 1, 2004
    I agree that welfare for people who wont work is wrong.

However, SS and Military benifits are not welfare. I will say it, Those that receive SS and those who served in the military are entitled to what they get, they did what they were either required or asked to do and deserve the promised compensation. I don't care if you agree, and neither does the majority of the people in this country. Your crying will not change a thing. Just keep paying your taxes. :p

For all those that claim they will leave the country, where you going? Where you going to find that is better? Good luck.

I also feel that companies who put profit before country, by sending jobs overseas, should be taxed and pay high enough tariffs to pay the unemployment of those they put out of work. If they want tax breaks brings the jobs back home.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
  6. dango

dango

Jun 9, 2008
    Profit was the game .....................!

7. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

I have a Swiss residency permit. You?

8. G-19

G-19

Jul 1, 2004
    Don't need it, I am not the one crying. If you think it is so bad here, leave.

9. Eurodriver

Eurodriver

Sep 11, 2010
    Dana Dana Dana,

Why do you waste your time?

These guys are ridiculous.

"Firefighters put their lives on the line"

"Soldiers risk their lives!"

And I whole heartedly disagree with the statement made by someone that decreasing benefits will decrease the quality of the military. History disagrees with that as well. In fact, it wasn't until you started giving veterans benefits that you got malik from in the hood joining the army fo da college benefits!

10. tous

tous GET A ROPE!

Jan 7, 2001
    Plano, Texas, Republic of
    Though oft-quoted by various professional liars over the years, I believe the origin of the phrase of something like it is Biblical.

Now, how sad is my life that I know that without research. :crying:

:supergrin:

11. tous

tous GET A ROPE!

Jan 7, 2001
    Plano, Texas, Republic of
    We're taking the entire state of Texas with us when we go.
    Oklahoma and Louisiana are welcome to come along.

12. G-19

G-19

Jul 1, 2004
  13. RimfireMan

RimfireMan

Jan 16, 2011
    Central Texas
    Well, your post was full of lots of misinformation. Please educate yourself. If you find that a personal attack, well, so be it. :rofl:

14. frizz

frizz

Jul 6, 2012
    Education is not a sad thing. You are better for having it, even if the dullards think that it is geeky.

Another thing, isn't it funny when a professional liar utters something so true and insightful? There is a strong ironic flavor to it.

15. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

You really dont get it. You are less free than you want to believe. You are much less free than Europeans. If say you are German, you can have a foreign bank account. What do you think the odd of Americans having foreign bank accounts are?

Don't you think that one of the most basic freedoms that someone can have is to choose who to do business with? Once you are told who you can and cant do business with by a government, how free are you?

What you will say is "they wont come after MY money". Guess what. The US government is coming for MY MONEY. I have paid all taxes required to me to pay. I have complied with all Report of Foreign Bank and Financial Account (FBAR) that is required by the IRS.

So what happens...this is a letter I just received....

You think that the government is only worried about how to get MY MONEY? Guess what. Yours is next.

[​IMG]

16. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

Church tax is optional.

If you add you State income tax, Federal income tax, Social Security, Medicare, Sales tax what do you really think your rate is?

17. Averageman

Averageman

Oct 22, 2011
    What will you do with a shrinking population capable of meeting the work standard and a growing need for the work?
    If you want a Standard of potential competancy for a job you must have a reward given for meeting and keeping that standard. Tougher standard, bigger reward.
    Now remove the reward, because you feel it is an entitlement, where does that leave you?
    History also shows when we reach this point we either fix the problem or bring in foreign Soldiers to fill our ranks......... and it's all down hill from there.
    I find it amazing that some folks want a service, recieve it then want to renegotiate the payment for that service after it has been completed.

18. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

And look at corporate tax rates in CH and figure out why so many companies are there.

19. frizz

frizz

Jul 6, 2012
    I think he attacked your argument, even if he implied you were stupid.

That said, you are correct on the issue. You probably saw my post that sarcastically and ironically said that basic pay was an "entitlement."

20. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

You were trying to make a point but you just stumbled upon a big part of the problem.

All the ponzi schemes that the govt runs (i.e. Social security) require an ever expanding amount of new people coming into the system to support the old investors. Even Bernie Madoff had good gains and it "worked" as long as he could keep "new investors" coming in.

So, why don't YOU tell US what we should do with the programs with an ever shrinking population contributing to taxes?