Glock Talk banner

Enter All Jeepers!

29K views 104 replies 73 participants last post by  TheBigCroaker 
#1 ·
Let me see what kinda Jeep's all you glockaholics have on here!

Specs on the mods as well!

I'll upload some pics and post mine shortly.

#52 ·
94 Jeep Wrangler
4" Procomp Lift, 3" body lift, 35" BFG Tires, Ford 9" Rearend with NASCAR Detroit Locker, Super 30 Front with ARB, Onboard Air, Dual Optima Batteries,Warn M8274 Winch, and Bushwacker Fender Flares. And a whole bunch of stuff I'm not taking the time to list. :upeyes:

Bought it new in 1994, and after 19 years I've replaced every damn thing on it. Just replaced the 19 year old headlight switch last week. I've gotten some parts from newer Jeeps. Review mirror is from a Cadillac and has Temp and compass. Fuel injectors are from a Lincoln Navigator. Rear end is from a 1978 Mercury Couger. On board Air compressor is an A/C compressor from a Volvo.
Wow, that is beautiful!! I've got a TJ & a JK, maybe it's time to add a YJ to my list :) (After some more guns of course)

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

#53 ·
Wow, that is beautiful!! I've got a TJ & a JK, maybe it's time to add a YJ to my list :) (After some more guns of course)

Thanks.

As much money as I've put into it since 1994, my boat exceeded it really quick. If I don't take my boat out more than 3 times this year it's getting sold next year! LOL

#54 · (Edited)
As much money as I've put into it since 1994, my boat exceeded it really quick. If I don't take my boat out more than 3 times this year it's getting sold next year! LOL[/URL]
Gotta say GunHo, I'm a bit envious of your YJ too. Most Jeep purists have written off the Square Eyes.
p.s. I have a motorcycle that is about to suffer the same fate as your boat. And, for the same reason.

I've had Jeeps most of my life. In the '70s, my brother and I started with a '68 Jeepster Commando. That old Jeep caught Hades I tell ya. She climbed mountains, to the point that we had to do three hour switchbacks using a couple of come-alongs, rope and strong trees. No real off-road gear available in those days.

Since then, I've had CJs, a 5 and a '48 Willys with a top speed of 51 mph but, would climb a tree! Uglies (remember them?) were the tires to have in those days, and the '48 did. There has been a Wagoneer and two Cherokees. I currently own a '93, mostly bone stock, Square Eye.

Nice Jeeps everyone! This thread relives memories, thanks.

eta: some seem to like the coils. I'm a Jeep, old school, leaf man. Just can't get used to those girlie coil suspensions! j/k, no flames please.

#58 ·
Thanks.

As much money as I've put into it since 1994, my boat exceeded it really quick. If I don't take my boat out more than 3 times this year it's getting sold next year! LOL

BTDT-Sold my boat 10 yrs ago after only using it twice one summer. Now when we feel like a boat trip we just rent one for a few days. Better places to put all that cash!!

#59 ·
I have had a few too...

1999 TJ, 4;1 Tcase, 2006 Tranny, Hipo D30 front 8.8 rear 4;10 gears, Auburn ected and Detroit locker, 5'' suspension. 60% of this is BOUGHT not built, SO much more...

1989 MJ Detroit rear in the D44 with alloy shafts. Lunch box up front in hipoD30 W4;56 gears, 6'' suspension LOADS of custom stuff. ((% of this is BUILT not bought.

CW

#62 ·
View attachment 231660

This was my jeep, 2005 grand Cherokee had the 5.7 Hemi mopar intake and magnaflow exhaust 2 in lift 32" tires absolutely loved it but sadly had to let it go due to it getting an amazing 14.5 mpg when babying it on the highway.

2005 GMC 2500, that I drive now gets 13MPG IF I'M LUCKY! :whistling::whistling::whistling:

CW

#72 ·
In.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vL4g_2QcGOQ"]97 Jeep Wrangler TJ Engine Knocking - YouTube[/ame]

#73 · (Edited)
And the diagnosis.....

Apparently over 200k miles of religious Mobil 1 Synthetic oil changes didn't do the trick. Funny thing is that the inside of the TJ's engine looked clean as a whistle. Wipe parts off with a rag and they looked new. The ZJ donor's engine was baked on black on the inside. We resealed it completely and I've put 8k on it since the swap.... still doesn't leak a drop... which is odd for a Jeep.

Still want to rebuild the original block. That's a rainy day project.

#74 ·
My 2 Jeeps.

The black one is my '03 Grand Cherokee Overland.

This is my 1989 Grand Wagoneer, fresh from a ground-up restoration. Crate engine with a 4-barrel Edelbrock carb, Hedman Headers, Twin Flowmaster Glass packs, new interior, fresh paint.

I have an '03 Porsche 911, too. :)

Attachments

#83 ·
My 2 Jeeps.

The black one is my '03 Grand Cherokee Overland.

This is my 1989 Grand Wagoneer, fresh from a ground-up restoration. Crate engine with a 4-barrel Edelbrock carb, Hedman Headers, Twin Flowmaster Glass packs, new interior, fresh paint.

I have an '03 Porsche 911, too. :)
I love that '89. tom. :cheers:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.