Glock Talk banner

Enter All Jeepers!

29K views 104 replies 73 participants last post by  TheBigCroaker 
#1 ·
Let me see what kinda Jeep's all you glockaholics have on here!

Specs on the mods as well!

I'll upload some pics and post mine shortly.

#40 ·
I got my first Jeep 2 weeks ago. It's a 2009. Still stock, but that will change in a month or two.

Nice ride there. Just a word of caution: I would take the build up slow, having watched many jump into projects that never got completely finished and left the vehicle somewhat dangerous or illegal to drive on the open road.

I suggest you really take some time an learn with what you have in the way of stock equipment before you start. I loved driving the stock Jeep just as much as what I have created now.

I know without a doubt WHY I made the changes to what I did and I didn't skimp because I knew the issues I wanted to solve for me, and not the Jeep.

As I get older (over 60) the only regret (if that is what it is) I am thinking of bringing the Jeep from a 4.5 RE lift down to 3.5" as it is getting harder for the wife and I get in. This too was considered as I built it up 7 years ago.

I believe looking at the issues you'll encounter off road with what you have will help you make better decisions when given the oppotunity to think through what you want to accomplish in the buildup.

And remember, the more euip you add, the bigger and better you get, just gets you stuck! farther/deeper down the harder trail.

ENJOY!:cool:

#41 ·
2013 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited. Nicknamed - The Good Humor Wagon.

• American Expedition Vehicles (AEV): Front and read bumper, front skid plate, 3.5 Dualsport SC Suspension System
  • WARN 9.5 cti winch
  • ARB: Differential covers front and rear. Dual air compressor.
  • Hanson Rock Sliders

#42 · (Edited)
My very first car was a 1948 Willys Jeep. I got it in 1965. It was one year older than I was. This is not mine, but is identical to mine, other than my father had mine painted High Visibility Yellow.

I still think that vintage Jeep is way cooler than the modern models.

#46 ·
Anyone in VA should check out RCPFA.com.

I'm on there, same username. Great club with it's own land to wheel on, anything from mild to wild! Onsite camping, porta-potties, and it's cheap as all get out! Better than forest roads with banjo's playing in the background, haha.

#48 · (Edited)
94 Jeep Wrangler
4" Procomp Lift, 3" body lift, 35" BFG Tires, Ford 9" Rearend with NASCAR Detroit Locker, Super 30 Front with ARB, Onboard Air, Dual Optima Batteries,Warn M8274 Winch, and Bushwacker Fender Flares. And a whole bunch of stuff I'm not taking the time to list. :upeyes:

Bought it new in 1994, and after 19 years I've replaced every damn thing on it. Just replaced the 19 year old headlight switch last week. I've gotten some parts from newer Jeeps. Review mirror is from a Cadillac and has Temp and compass. Fuel injectors are from a Lincoln Navigator. Rear end is from a 1978 Mercury Couger. On board Air compressor is an A/C compressor from a Volvo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.