close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Engraver in NH?

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by crashwg, Dec 10, 2012.

1. crashwg

crashwg

Dec 9, 2011
    North East
    My "Form 1" is on its way to the ATF so now I'm looking for someone to engrave my AR lower. I don't want to have to ship it and pay FFL transfer fees so I'm looking for something local, as in <50 miles of Concord, NH.

I had read elsewhere, people suggesting trophy stores and the like so I went to the one closest to me and the guy didn't leave me feeling confident enough to choose him.

So does anyone know of a place within 50 miles or so of Concord, NH, that has experience engraving AR-15 lowers?

2. Walt_NC

Walt_NC

Aug 25, 2010

3. Big Bird

Big Bird NRA Life Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Louisville KY
    +1.

This is how I did mine. Shipped the stripped receiver Priority mail through the USPS in a $5 flat rate shipping box. Got it back in 2 weeks.

4. crashwg

crashwg

Dec 9, 2011
    North East
    I'm learning all sorts of stuff from this thread... Good to know the whole "no ffl required" thing. Also, I was under the impression that USPS won't take firearms. Am I mistaken?

5. Big Bird

Big Bird NRA Life Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Louisville KY
    USPS won't take handguns from a private citizen. FFL can ship handguns through the mail.

Long guns are OK. When I shipped my receiver I never even told the PO it was a gun. It went though the automated postal center, shipping, insurance and delivery confirmation all included.