close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Engagement Handgun

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by randr1979, Sep 6, 2012.

1. randr1979

randr1979

May 3, 2010
    Getting hitched this year, not doing the ring thing, shopping around for an engagement handgun, something in 9mm. got a mossberg 590 mariner and a type56 that i might be willing to part with if someone with the right handgun is open to a trade.

doesn't have to be NIB but a presentable case would be nice since it's still a present after all.

2. uhlawpup

uhlawpup Gentle Soul

Nov 18, 2003
    Houston
    Taking into account that you know your intended better than I do, I still have to ask that, since a woman looks at all things related to marriage entirely differently from the way a man does, are you sure you're doing the right thing?

3. AdaptAZ

AdaptAZ

Aug 23, 2012
    Yeah -- Even if she 'says' that's what she wants, not getting an actual ring I think will be a disaster.

She's going to quietly resent you for it, especially when her friends ask why she doesn't have a ring - you will not look good, and she will most likely be embarrassed.

4. i_am_infinity

i_am_infinity Pang Altar

Jun 20, 2005
    To Infinity and Beyond
    or you can do both...she'd think you're a jerk for not giving her a ring but maybe you can hide the ring somewhere in the gun :D cheesee!!!!

5. Chie

Chie

Jul 1, 2005
    A girlfriend gave his fiance a gun for their engagement but my friend still got the ring! Everybody wins and everybody happy!

6. uhlawpup

uhlawpup Gentle Soul

Nov 18, 2003
    Houston
    Wait. A girlfriend gave the girl he is engaged to a gun, and your friend somehow got a ring out of the deal?

I'm glad they're all happy, but could you clarify things for us just a bit. Who got whom the gun?

7. actionshooter10

actionshooter10 CLM

Dec 29, 2006
    Texas
    Could be interested in a trade. PM me with what you're looking for and location. FTF is preferred.

8. Chie

Chie

Jul 1, 2005
    My friend (the girl), got his fiance a pistol for their engagement. And the guy bought my friend a ring. Everybody got what they wanted :supergrin:

Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
  9. Short Cut

Short Cut PatrioticMember CLM

Apr 28, 2002
    Above ground
    This is the clarification?:dunno: :supergrin::wavey:

10. ilpirata

ilpirata

Mar 2, 2013
    To make it OBVIOUS:

Look at the pronoun HIS: how can a girl get HIS fiance a gun?

I'll sic Samuel L. Jackson on you!

11. knoxrocks222

knoxrocks222

Jan 5, 2009
    Dude im not even drunk and I cant make any sense out of this.....does your friend the girl also have a *****???

12. knoxrocks222

knoxrocks222

Jan 5, 2009
    P. E n. I. S. Not sure why it blanked that out its no different from me saing finger or nose...america these days...... sheesh

13. r3dot

r3dot

Sep 6, 2007
    Izzerwat TX
    LOL glad I wasn't the only one.

14. johnson8861

johnson8861 Daddo Chomper

Huh? My meds kicked in at full throttle, I still don't know what I'm saying let alone what is being said above. I'm in for an intelligent recap of factual event that transpired on 22 Nov 1963.

15. PEC-Memphis

PEC-Memphis Scottish Member

Oct 19, 2006
    Doh ?
    You say "his" one, more, time.....