close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

EMP CCW Set-Up

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by Sporwick, Dec 31, 2010.

1. Sporwick

Sporwick

Nov 13, 2006
    Alexandria, VA
    Those with EMP's, can you show me your carry set-up? I am picking this up this afternoon and it will eventually be a carried gun. I have been wanting one for a very very long time.

[​IMG]
    Picture from the seller ad and not my photo

2. Hokie1911

Hokie1911 >

Dec 26, 2003
    NE Ohio
    If I was to get one, I like the way Quack has his set up...minus the flat trigger (would use a Harrison M solid trigger instead.)

Davidson HLs
    10-8 rear
    EB single-sided safety
    Flat baseplates
    ...aside from that, maybe a trip to SACS for some FS checkering and IonBond.

John Harrison does some AMAZING work on EMPs. I've seen a few that he's done and they are simply fabulous.

www.harrisoncustom.com

Last edited: Dec 31, 2010

3. polizei1

polizei1 It WAS Quack

Feb 3, 2009
    Cincinnati, OH
    I have a stock EMP 9 with a Milt Sparks VMII, and a Beltman belt coming. Also have 2 Logman modified mags. I still need a mag holder though...

Edit* Yea me and Hokie had a discussion a while back, but sending my EMP to John would cost me ~$1k...and I just can't swing that. Being my only 1911, I would probably rather save that for a TRP. But, I also have an outdated Harley that needs some upgrades too come spring time.

4. Hokie1911

Hokie1911 >

Dec 26, 2003
    NE Ohio
    That is damn near perfect.

5. Wade-19

Wade-19

Sep 24, 2007
    St. Louis
    Yep, if I had an EMP I would want it set up just like that except I would have Chuck golf ball the front strap .

6. Sporwick

Sporwick

Nov 13, 2006
    Alexandria, VA
    Sexy...very excited to get mine this afternoon. I carry my glocks in an MTAC but was thinking of either a VMII or a leather lined Tucker Answer. I like that trigger Quak and I definitely want to get rid of the ambi-thumb safety.

7. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
    thanks!!!

what you're buying id pretty much ready to go, just add a holster. I use Ed Brown thumb safeties, because they are slim and reduce the over all width compared to the ambi. with the ambi, the width (at the widest part) is about the same as a Glock.

8. BuckyP

BuckyP Lifetime Member

Feb 1, 2005
    PA
    Does the EMP use the same safety as a "regular" 1911?

9. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
    yes, everything from a 1911 fits, except the 15 "re-engineered" parts:
    slide
    frame
    left grip panel
    right grip panel
    firing pin
    firing pin spring
    extractor
    plunger tube
    plunger spring
    trigger
    magazine tube
    magazine follower
    magazine spring
    magazine base plate
    magazine base pad

The EMP's grip frame (L) is about 1/4 inch smaller in diameter than the .45 ACP Micro 1911.

[​IMG]

10. I have had my EMP for about 3 years, and bought my youngest daughter one about a year ago. She shoots a Colt Combat Elite for grins and giggles, and I wanted a CCW piece that would be the same operating system as her primary.

My daughter has tried my Glock 26, HK P2000sk, M&P compact, XD compact, Ruger SR9c, 'J' frame, and states they are all to "chunky" compared to her EMP. She stands 4'11" @ 23 .

I find the EMP to be the ideal compact Pistol.

Good luck.

Fred

11. rsxr22

rsxr22

Feb 25, 2009
    Youngstown, OH
    EMP similarly set up to Don's except:
    I would add FSC, bevel and flush cut SS, and change out the LD's. I like the feel of the VZ Aliens better, but might check into getting a custom set of gunners from Simonich. I would also go for a kydex IWB holster instead of leather. Either Shielded or CBST

12. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
    i got that, just need to get around to finish it. and haven't sent mine in for checkering yet.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2011
  13. rsxr22

rsxr22

Feb 25, 2009
    Youngstown, OH
    Woops flush cut/bevel

Im used to putting orders in with WC and its just standard. You did yours yourself though, it looks good and i commend you on the effort.

14. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
    Thanks!!!
    it's not all the way down yet, still haven't decided if i want to have it flat like i did on knedrgr's mil-spec, or round it off. that's why there's a small amount left.

[​IMG]

15. BuckyP

BuckyP Lifetime Member

Feb 1, 2005
    PA
    Fred,

How would you compare the EMP to the P2000SK size wise?

Thanks.

16. rsxr22

rsxr22

Feb 25, 2009
    Youngstown, OH
    The EMP will be a little taller with the standard mag, but it is thinner than the SK. I carried mine around the house the other day and while i didnt see a big difference, i definitely already like it as much as my SK. After I shoot it, I know i will like it more cause the SK's trigger SUCKS A BIG ONE!! I sent mine out to get "smoothed up" too and it is better now but nowhere near nice