close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

EMP 9mm Magazines - 10 rounders?

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by polizei1, Jul 26, 2011.

1. polizei1

polizei1 It WAS Quack

Feb 3, 2009
    Cincinnati, OH
    I know the grip length on the EMP is a bit smaller than other 3" 1911s. I also believe it is a bit narrower as well? Would standard 10-round 9mm mags work, or am I SOL?

Anyone know of a way around this? :crying:

2. GeorgiaRedfish

GeorgiaRedfish Senior Member

Jun 29, 2010
    Right behind you...
    I may be wrong but the EMP magazines are "special" and are not like other 1911 magazines. So no they will not work.

3. polizei1

polizei1 It WAS Quack

Feb 3, 2009
    Cincinnati, OH
    That's what I assumed, being that the grip dimensions are specific to the gun. Figured I would ask anyway. Guess I just need to practice reloading more! :crying:

4. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
    yep, SOL. you could try to find if there are any extended base pads that fit Mec-Gar mags and modify them to fit.

5. polizei1

polizei1 It WAS Quack

Feb 3, 2009
    Cincinnati, OH
  6. skdmrklcy

skdmrklcy Duck and Cover

Jun 10, 2004
    North of Cinci, Ohio
    You are going to know you have it bad when you shove a Dawson ICE on that little guy... :)

7. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    Take a trip over to that popular 1911 forum and ask a member named "Logman"
    He is the EMP mag Guru!

8. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
    he wants 1 more round, not 1 less round :tongueout:

9. polizei1

polizei1 It WAS Quack

Feb 3, 2009
    Cincinnati, OH
    Yea I already have two flush cut mags by Logman. :rofl:

Great mags...but if I can get 10 rounds vs. 9 that would be extremely helpful. Less reloads = faster time. If the stages were all classifiers, I would be a C class, my first try! And that's with a completely blown stage. Using 9+1 I "could" shoot 10 rounds and just reload from dry, but if I can keep one in the chamber my reloads and follow ups will be even faster.

10. faawrenchbndr

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    I realize that,.........:upeyes:

However, this idea was discussed before about grafting two mag bodies.:whistling:

11. polizei1

polizei1 It WAS Quack

Feb 3, 2009
    Cincinnati, OH
    I know anything is possible, but I don't have a lot of money to spend, and I'm not going to spend a lot of money to get 1 more round.

But, if he can do it for cheap I probably will.

12. REDNOSEPITTBULL74

REDNOSEPITTBULL74

Aug 1, 2011
    I have not yet been able to find any mags for the emp other then the manufacture ones...I heard once that wilson combat had one,but when I emailed them,they said comeing soon...lol Id love to get a flush fitting one..

13. faawrenchbndr

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    Take a trip to 1911forum and contact LogMan

[​IMG]

14. polizei1

polizei1 It WAS Quack

Feb 3, 2009
    Cincinnati, OH
    Yea flush cut are easy to get...but some extended 10 rounders would be nice.

15. faawrenchbndr

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    I've pondered welding up a few,......but the spring has me stumped.

16. rsxr22

rsxr22

Feb 25, 2009
    Youngstown, OH
    Get a lo-pro magwell put on it. I still think your crazy for trying to shoot uspsa with a damn EMP!!! LOL

I shot one local match with mine when i got it to break it in and that was my excuse all day for shooting so bad lol! It is a good shooting gun, but not that good

17. polizei1

polizei1 It WAS Quack

Feb 3, 2009
    Cincinnati, OH
    Mine is!!! :)

It really wasn't that bad, I mean it's harder for sure...especially mag changes, but I figure if I can get good with this, when I eventually get a dedicated SSD/L10 gun I'll be even better. :rofl:

Last edited: Aug 3, 2011
  18. rsxr22

rsxr22

Feb 25, 2009
    Youngstown, OH
    Some schools of though would say, yes, others would say no.... I personally think that the shear practice alone will make you better at performing them, but when you change size of mags and gun, things change in your mind. That's why i stick with 1911's and Glock's so I am always practicing no matter what im doing.

19. polizei1

polizei1 It WAS Quack

Feb 3, 2009
    Cincinnati, OH
    Well this is the only one I can practice with and shoot so it's all I got. I have an XD but I don't care for it, I don't want to shoot production with it. Everything else is .22 which isn't legal. Oh well!

I also don't want to run a magwell, as it's my carry gun. I already have issues printing, and I don't want to spend anymore money on the EMP. :rofl:

I mean, why not just turn the EMP into an open gun? Compensated 3" with a giant magwell, extended mag release, and red dot. Awesome! :animlol:

In good news, I'm getting my CR Speed belt/pouches and my Blade-Tech SRB holster today. Yay! Now I just need the rest of my reloading stuff so I can actually use it.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2011
  20. REDNOSEPITTBULL74

REDNOSEPITTBULL74

Aug 1, 2011
    nice!! The stupid plate that came on these mags is the only thing besides the ambi safety I dont like about this pistol.......thanks!!