close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Emerson Knife Owners, Knife owners

Discussion in 'The Cutting Edge' started by wolf19r, Mar 8, 2010.

1. wolf19r

wolf19r Problem Solved!

Feb 8, 2009
    JAX, FL
    Any Emerson knife owners out there? I just got a mini commander and I'm very impressed except for when opening and closing the knife it squeaks. Any good ideas to lube it up and get rid of the squeak? I've tried militech but its not working. Thanks

2. sns3guppy

sns3guppy

Sep 4, 2006
    Militech isn't really a lube, it's a gimmick.

I own a number of Emersons, including several Commanders and mini-commanders. Great knives. I've carried them in some of the "worst places on earth," and I've carried them at times when they were all I could carry. I've trusted my life to them, or at least, to what I could do with them, and I carry them today.

Your knife shouldn't squeak. Try an actual oil. Militech isn't. (it also doesn't impregnate metal as the manufacturer claims, but that's another story. It also isn't heavily used by the military as the manufacturer claims...also another story...just don't buy into their hype).

3. wolf19r

wolf19r Problem Solved!

Feb 8, 2009
    JAX, FL
    I've had this bottle forever so I thought I'd try it out. Any recommendations?

4. piebiter

piebiter

Feb 20, 2010
    I carry an Emerson daily...never squeaked so I can't help you there. They're well made, dependable knives however.

5. skippz

skippz

May 29, 2006
    East Kentucky
    I use breakfree clp on my blades... not the spray, but the actual liquid lube

6. syntaxerrorsix

syntaxerrorsix Anti-Federalist CLM

Oct 3, 2000
    Lakeland, FL.
    I've owned and carried Emerson knives for since about '88. I currently have 2 CQC7's and a recently replaced (under warranty) Commander. I'll be searching the market for a Tactical Persian soon.

Great people make great knives.

7. wolf19r

wolf19r Problem Solved!

Feb 8, 2009
    JAX, FL
    Thanks I just sent it back to Emerson to let them have a crack at it. Benchmade now those are my idea of high quality knives. But we shall see.

8. ronin.45

ronin.45

Apr 24, 2008
    NE OHIO
    Emerson's are excellent knives. You can count on them to work when you need them.

I used to like Benchmade until they started making knives in Taiwan. For years they advertised as the top american knife company. They put a ton of emphasis on being american made and then started making knives overseas. I have no problem with foreign knives(I love my Spydercos) but you should not sell out to make a buck.

9. feesix

feesix

May 26, 2009
    Benchmade are haveing qc issues. Ive had the same knife replaced twice do to the blade hitting a spacer bar and chipping that blade. Email benchmade no reponse. Yeah no more bms for me. Emerson all the way

10. skippz

skippz

May 29, 2006
    East Kentucky
    I'm sorry but I PREFER USA made knives... I will go out of my way to get one... I have several quality knives made in seki japan and have no complaints but if I have the choice I willl choose USA. This is tough considering its much more expensive. I would readily pay an extra $50 for USA made knives of the same quality.

11. BizkitShooter

BizkitShooter

Jun 13, 2004
    Apex, NC
    Emerson. Now that's a knife!

I have been carying a CQC-15 for a few years now. Great knife. No squeaks though.