close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

EMERGENCY!!!/ TV show

Discussion in 'Firefighter/EMS Talk' started by G20man32904, Mar 15, 2008.

1. G20man32904

G20man32904 Deceased

May 26, 2003
    Melbourne, Fl
    I can't believe they are showing an episode over 30 years old. I loved this show as a kid and all I wanted to be was a cop (from 1-ADAM-12) or a medic like John Gage. :ffighter: :cop:

So who all here is doing what they do because of these 2 tv shows and how they influenced you as a kid? :supergrin:

2. fjnardo

fjnardo

Jan 11, 2008
    Illinois
    We still watch Emergency! on DVD at the firehouse every so often. Classics! Funny thing is, we have had so many young'ens start the job that have no clue about this show. We make them watch it!:cool:

I loved the action during the show and it did steer me that way especially for the EMS side. Now in my area, there are very few departments that aren't Firefighter/Paramedic.

I loved the episode with the New Recruit that was a Military Medic and was trying to do more than he was allowed!:rofl:

3. colt_sniper

colt_sniper

Jul 18, 2006
    SW Ohio
    Emergency was the show that got me started on the path to becomming a FF/Medic.

I found a place that has the "emergency Squad 51 tone , as a ring tone, along with the station 51 ring tone" talk about a loud ring tone!.....

colt!

4. FThorn

FThorn TV/Movie Club

Apr 30, 2004
    Hey, here are the eps (episodes) that they have on HULU.COM

http://www.hulu.com/emergency

Seasons one and two. PILOT ep seems to be missing.

<object width="510" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/embed/MPii8KXwXVH1HJMDAL-8Rw"></param><embed src="http://www.hulu.com/embed/MPii8KXwXVH1HJMDAL-8Rw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="510" height="295"></embed></object>

5. nursetim

nursetim

Mar 1, 2006
    liberalville N. M.
    Well? Don't tease us like that. Give with a link so we can get the ringtone as well. That is the only ring tone I'd pay for.

6. 1985 4Runner

1985 4Runner Agitator

May 27, 2006
    Gulf Coast MS
    Good stuff. I used to watch it as a kid. I never thought then I would end up in the FD.

7. G20man32904

G20man32904 Deceased

May 26, 2003
    Melbourne, Fl
    C'mon man, give it up
    I would pay for that one as well, or I'll trade you the "Swat" theme song for a ring tone. :supergrin:

8. pulaskipusher

pulaskipusher Topodaworldma!

May 1, 2007
    North Idaho
    The host dept for an academy I attended last week had an actual Squad 51. I'll post a pic if I can find it but it was a 70s model dodge, still in real nice shape.

9. grfd600

grfd600

Apr 9, 2007
    Arizona
    OK guys, pop quiz: what was the radio callsign for the LA Co. FD?

10. I can't remember honestly...

I loved adam-12, emergency, and Dragnet. I wish they would put those shows back on.

11. grfd600

grfd600

Apr 9, 2007
    Arizona

Yup! It's still the callsign for some VHF channels they have.

12. andy4731

andy4731

Dec 6, 2006
    I admit it, I became a paramedic because of EMERGENCY. Sadly, When I became an EMT and then a Medic, we were among the last people to understand the legends that came before us and inspired a whole generation of public safety professionals.

Ask an 18 y/o today why he became an EMT and he won't have a clue who Johnny Gage or Roy DeSoto were.

Just Sad.

13. Bravo6

Bravo6 Paramedic

Jun 13, 2004
    Tampa,FL
    Found some here...

http://www.nextpimp.com/ringtones_Emergency.html

I'm a younger guy, but I used to work with a 20 year veteran EMT who lent me the first season one weekend so I could watch it. I had never heard of it before, but the show is awesome. Nothing like that on TV today!

14. Glkster19

Glkster19

May 12, 2001
    Lansing, MI
    The phones that we have at work for the medics also has the tone with Squad 51 being toned. For a text message the response is from Dr. Bracket "Squad 51 this is Rampart can you send us a strip?

And no I don't know where either of them came from.

15. Smith58

Smith58

Jan 13, 2006
    Kansas
    Robert Fuller, aka Dr. Kelly Brackett, had a table at last Octobers Tulsa Gun Show. Very cool guy to talk to as he sold photos and autographs. Being a musician, I had to ask him what it was like to work with Bobby Troup (Dr. Joe Early) and Julie London (Dixie McCall). He said the cast would often go to Bobby & Julie's house after filming; Bobby would play piano, Julie would reluctantly sing......Really nice guy.

Wish TVLand would bring it back. Ever notice the firefighters never wore boots...at least in the day scenes.

ETA: One more thing: The dispatcher was a genuine LACoFD dispatcher, Sam Lanier. Sam retired and died of a heart attack while assisting the victims of a traffic accident.....

16. tbhracing

tbhracing Senior Member

Apr 3, 2005
    CA
    Got into the fire service 21 years ago, paid for 17 and finally made Captain. All thanks to this show.

17. RLDS45S

RLDS45S

Jun 8, 2003
    MN
    I just wanted to pop the caps of the preloaded drugs! Then I found out you could use the preloads for darts.........

18. RLDS45S

RLDS45S

Jun 8, 2003
    MN
    Randolph Mantooth was Life Link III's Trauma Tactic last fall..

19. D25

D25 The Quick

Jan 26, 2003
    I just asked a paramedic class that I was teaching PHTLS to, and not one knew what I was talking about.:crying: