close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Embarrassing moments

Discussion in 'Firefighter/EMS Talk' started by hotpig, Oct 31, 2004.

1. hotpig

hotpig
    Expand Collapse
    IAFF Local 4766
    CLM

embarrassing moments...

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Jon509

Jon509
    Expand Collapse

We had a guy from a neighboring dept. do that in a basic firemanship class. He even tightened the strap around his neck. The instructor didn't think it was funny at all but the rest of us about fell over laughing.

Jon

3. vafish

vafish
    Expand Collapse

Scuba Diver?

4. oldstyle

oldstyle
    Expand Collapse
    Jeep Pirate

I was taken off my feet and dragged by a hose clamp down a section of 5" hose...with three companies and two District Chiefs watching. At least I didn't let go.

5. obxprnstar

obxprnstar
    Expand Collapse
    Goth Lover

I had a REALLY bad trauma pt one night, 17yo drunk female, that I had to get on the radio to call med controll for orders. This freq is shared by several local hospitals/cinics and is on every ems radio in the state. I was all distracted when calling for orders to sedate the pt and requested valium and versed in 5mg/2mg doeses untill the pt was seduced. Everyone I work with heard it and to this day, some four years later,, I still get teasted about it.

6. TerraMedicX

TerraMedicX
    Expand Collapse

;z

That's great!! I remember once picking up this 18 year old girl and her 16 year old boyfriend who has stolen his dad'd motorcycle and crashed it with both of them on it. Amazingly they both walked away (well mostly) she had a pretty deep abrasion/lac on her knee that needed to be debreeded and sutured.
    It was totally a basic attend so I drove, but when we got to the hospital I go to pull the girl out on the pram and she looks at me and says, "Now, don't take this the wrong way, but you're REALLY attractive!" Well....normally that would have been a little bit of a compliment, but her boyfriend was sitting right there with his giant purple mohawk and piercings everywhere. ;g

Well needless to say my partner was giving me grief for the rest of the shift!

Nate.

7. obxprnstar

obxprnstar
    Expand Collapse
    Goth Lover

But was she hot?

I can honestly say that I have ever dated a patient.

Funny story will follow later about meeting a past patient the other day.