close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Email quit. Again.

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Skyhook, May 9, 2010.

1. Skyhook

Skyhook

Nov 4, 2002
    USA
    I have tried both Thunderbird and Windows Mail (only one at a time :supergrin: ) and I cannot get the server to cooperate and give me my mail.

I get error number 0x800CCC0F now and initially got error # 0x800CCC19 before.
    When looking up both of those on the net, all I get are several opportunities to download "Fixes" from sources I feel are not reputable and so here I sit... muted and uninformed.:crying:

Question: What could be the cause(s) of this thing happening 'out of the blue' and does anyone have any example as to a good 'fix'?:dunno:

2. Is this an Outlook Express error? Is your email web based such as Yahoo or GMail?

3. GlockerMike

GlockerMike God Help Us

Jul 4, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Most likely your mail servers are acting up. Have you called your provider?

4. srhoades

srhoades

Jul 14, 2000
    If you are using a firewall other than the windows one turn it off and see if the problem continues. You can also try increasing the timeout period for sending messages.

5. Skyhook

Skyhook

Nov 4, 2002
    USA

Bingo. I phoned the server Sat. morn--- nobody in the office on Mothers' Day weekend.... and left a message. WALLA! I turn on the machine this morn and there's 100+ emails awaiting my attention.

I still have no idee?!?

Last edited: May 10, 2010
  6. Skyhook

Skyhook

Nov 4, 2002
    USA
    Thanks guys for the replies, BTW. Me mum would be in a state of ire if she knew my manners slipped so.:embarassed: