close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Elyria Wal-Mart pulls guns

Discussion in 'Ohio Glockers' started by odgreen17, Jan 2, 2007.

1. odgreen17

odgreen17

Dec 16, 2006
    Elyria, Ohio
    WoW went to Wal-Mart today to buy ammo and low and behold they have pulled all there guns. What a shocker that is, just picked up ammo there last week and they had guns there. Another one bites the dust I guess. As for ammo they had no 9mm at all, very,very little .45 acp, but had plenty of .38 loads. I guess this one (Wal-Mart) figured it was not profitable or there wasn't enough demand to sell guns anymore at their store. I did ask the the associate behind the counter for another box of ammo and they said they had to get a Manager for the keys to the case. They said they are no longer allowed to have the keys anymore for the case. I guess it's time for me to look into reloading now since I have no idea if they will even continue to carry ammo, and the other stores around here are at least a couple bucks more a box. Just thought I would let everyone know since I had posted they still sold guns on another thread.

2. birddog1

birddog1

Mar 27, 2004
    Massillon, OH
    I saw the same thing at the Wal-Mart on Tuscarawas St in Canton. I was there before Christmas and they still had them but not yesterday. They had a sign posted on the case saying they are no longer authorized to sell firearms. If they get rid of the ammo, I have no reason to shop at WM

3. Beeman

Beeman NRA MEMBER

Dec 7, 2004
    OH
    I think the Super Wal-Mart in Clayton is doing the same thing. They only had one gun when I went in yesterday. Oh well, I still have Olde English Outfitters in Tipp City.

4. anyplainjoe

anyplainjoe Nobody special.

Dec 28, 2005
    In flyover country
    The guns are gone in the Reynoldsburg WM. However ammo will continue, just a little low right now.

5. LabTech

LabTech Village Jackass

May 23, 2005
    Scenic southeast Ohio
    Firearms are disappearing fast from Athens Wal-Mart too. We stopped in today and at least half the guns are gone. The boy behind the counter told me that Jan. 20th is the last day for gun sales with whatever is left after that to be shipped back to wherever. Ammo sales supposedly are to continue as before. Just thought you'd like to know.

6. odgreen17

odgreen17

Dec 16, 2006
    Elyria, Ohio
    WOW who knows whats going on, got back off the road friday went in sunday and guess what? Guns back on display, must have pulled for inventory or something. Only a couple guns on the rack though, didn't bother to ask. Still no 9mm or 45acp ammo on the shelf.

7. AJE

AJE Grumpy Old Man

Apr 5, 2004
    SW Ohio
  8. APGlock27

APGlock27

Dec 28, 2006
    Centerville, OH
    No guns in Miamisburg either, but they still have ammo.

9. mattswabb

mattswabb

Jun 19, 2005
    Elyria, OH
    They are back in Elyria's Walmart. I was in last week and the guns are back. The clerk said they wer loosing money.

10. lethrnk

lethrnk Senior Member

The walmart in Athens never really handled that many guns anyway... I believe it's more of a business decision than it is political... I do hope they continue to carry ammo though...

11. LabTech

LabTech Village Jackass

May 23, 2005
    Scenic southeast Ohio
    Logan store always had a better selection. Have you been to it? I haven't been up that way in a little while and I wondered about their gun sales.

12. ampleworks

ampleworks

Dec 4, 2004
    Southern Ohio
    Circleville had a sign on the door saying 2/7/07 would be last day to buy there.

Given the INSANE rise in prices, $8-10 on some items, I won't be shooting unless I can reload for it so it doesn't effect me much.

13. anyplainjoe

Dec 28, 2005
    In flyover country
    The Polaris WM is super stocked up on ammo and guns.

14. LabTech

LabTech Village Jackass

May 23, 2005
    Scenic southeast Ohio
    Went to Athens WM today and guns are officially history. Nothing but empty cases. 9mm WWB bulk pack is also over $14.00 now. WM is quickly heading to my most hated list. Looks like I'll have to start making a periodic trip to Buckeye Outdoors and buy in bulk there. Is WM knuckling under to the commie tree huggers or is the gun sales just not profitable enough for them. I've heard both excuses. Either way...I'm disgusted.

15. anyplainjoe

Dec 28, 2005
    In flyover country
    I think the sales just aren't cutting it. Most of the guns they stock are generally a once in 10 years type item (ie 30-30's and hunting 12 gauges), not the spur of the moment pistol at a local gunshop. Plus, I go to WM at least 4 times a week for the last several years now, only seen or heard of a gun sale on the PA maybe three times.

16. KnightOfTheOlde

KnightOfTheOlde BuckeyeFirearms

Jun 26, 2006
    NorthEast Columbus Ohio
    What the selection or lack there of on firearms on 23 in Delaware?

17. anyplainjoe

Dec 28, 2005
    In flyover country
  18. Tinamil

Tinamil

Jan 3, 2007
    Fort Hood
    The Logan Walmart still has a full display of guns for sale, I went through there this weekend.

19. AJE

AJE Grumpy Old Man

Apr 5, 2004
    SW Ohio