Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Electronic Calls

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by vafish, May 17, 2010.

1. Any of you using them for predator calling?

What do you got?

How do they work?

This past Friday night I used the instructions on Varmint Al's web page to build an electronic caller. Quite impressed with the sound, won't get a chance to test it until the weekend.

I'd post pictures, but since I used the same parts list as Al mine looks identical to his, well except for the MP3 player, I had an old one laying around.

I downloaded Al's MP3's and found some others on the web.

I did use it to wake up my daughter Saturday morning. Nothing like the waking up to the sound of a dying rabbit on full volume. It drove the dogs nuts. They were stuffing their noses inside the speaker horn trying to figure out what was making the noise.
    Last edited: May 17, 2010
  2. I use a johnny stewart preymaster, came with 3 cards, and you can buy many more, for pigs or crows or whatever you want to hunt. I absolutely love mine. It can play 2 sounds at once, and can be very loud or quiet. I have a ten foot and a fifty foot cable, but now, for 100 dollars more, you can buy a wireless version. They work excellent. That's very kool you made your own. Make sure u get a bird call too, bobcats love that one. Coyotes come nearly every time I use it, as long as we are doing our part, wind, camo, movement, etc.

3. hagar

hagar Millennium Member

Sep 7, 1999
    Columbia, SC
    Put it about 30 yards away from you at 2 o'clock. Don't play it too loud, if you can hear it from 100 yards away, it is too loud. A coyote will hear that at a mile. Unless you have a remote, it should have about a minute of silence before it starts, so you can set it up and get settled. Sit still and observe, most coyotes will come in between 6 and 12 minutes.
  4. Thanks for the advice. I would have played it as loud as I could without distortion.

On Varmint Al's web site he as some call sequences that have 2 mins of silence to begin with so you can start the caller and move away to your blind.
  5. jhayesvw

Jun 2, 2009
    Tucson AZ
    Im supposed to be going coyote hunting for my first time this saturday and sunday. My buddy has both a mouth call and an electronic call.
    he is pretty new to this stuff too, only a few months, but has already gotten one or 2.

i will post up what i find out over this weekend.
  6. jhayesvw

Jun 2, 2009
    Tucson AZ
    i went out hunting for my first time that sunday and monday.

we say 1 coyote on our way out on Monday, we quickly pulled over and tried calling it. no luck.
    got a jackrabbit though. LOL

i just ordered the speaker to make that same electronic caller. i actually had the amp and wiring already. im using my ipod for the sound.

i hope it turns out well and that i get some coyote soon.