electrified fence

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by edtf, Jan 14, 2013.

1. I just can't remember if it was one of our members here who had an electrified fence installed a couple of years ago.

Wanted to ask lang how is it???? How is the maintenance? How much was it and who did it? Thanks

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    I wonder if an electrified door knob would have helped... Cop Talk Jul 31, 2012
    More violence inside the fence Cop Talk Jul 27, 2015
    More ineptitude inside the fence Cop Talk Jul 11, 2015
    Border fence too high, claim illegal alien activists.! The Okie Corral Jul 8, 2015
    Letting the dog out or new home, new fence The Okie Corral Jun 27, 2015

3. Kaiser Soze

Kaiser Soze Notorious

I did this in the past when our factory was burglarized a few times, and vandalized by the "urban informal settlers" who had occupied the vacant lot next-door and would climb over our fence and steal stuff that wasn't bolted to the ground. We simply connected some truck batteries to the fence with the aid of a competent/likeminded electrician. Maintenance was a breeze, although I can't remember if we ever observed during rain. Please note that we only had a low amount of power running through it, not enough to cause serious bodily harm, just enough to jolt you backwards.

We had no problems until we received a complaint from the baranggay officials, apparently someone (drunken nephew of one of the local tanods) got his privates zapped when he urinated on our fence. We had to take it down, but people are still wary of the fences hahaha

#2 Kaiser Soze, Jan 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  4. St atmarcella yata nag install sa bahay nya

5. You should read up on them and do it right. What kind of fence? You can't just hook up batteries to a metal fence - you need to isolate the wire from the posts. Ones like they use for cattle are very effective against people. I set one up years ago. While I was troubleshooting a dead spot I touched a live wire. It's effective. I watched as a cow put their nose on it. I was surprised at how big the spark was. Believe me, you couldn't stand it.

#5 The Fed, Jan 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  6. I'd love to have seen that incident...

7. Thanks guys for the help!!!