close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

election @ BOGs

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by paltic, Jul 18, 2005.

1. paltic

paltic

Sep 11, 2003
    kung tayong mga BOGs ang hihingan ng opinion ng ating mga kababayan...ano kaya ang kalalabasan ng election within BOG members?

options:

1. Gloria resign and let the "others" govern
    2. Gloria face impeachment
    3. Gloria stays

;Q

2. 9MX

9MX Rei!

Sep 29, 2003
    Shooting
    Since she doesn't want to resign, I'd say impeachment. If she gets pass that, then she stays. Its high time that Filipinos stop bastardizing the constitution

3. Kiddo

Kiddo

Jun 14, 2003
    ^6 +1

4. bokbok_05

bokbok_05

Apr 24, 2005
    Impeachment....at least it is within the boundaries of LAW.

5. Alexii

Alexii Janeway Forever

Nov 14, 2001
    Delta Quadrant
    Yup, what he said. I'm all for the constitutional means of solving the impasse.

Heard over the radio yesterday that some members of the opposition plan to walkout during the President's delivery of the SONA. Even though I don't like PGMA, mali naman yata yung pinaplano nila. Respetuhin naman nila yung institusyon.

6. mikey177

mikey177 Remember

Jan 28, 2003
    Philippines
    Let GMA face impeachment proceedings.

With the other option, that of letting GMA resign and having the others rule, all I can remember is that tagline from the "Alien vs Predator" movie: "Whoever wins, we lose."

7. mc_oliver

mc_oliver

Feb 21, 2002
    Philippines
    One should always respect the position, even if you don't think too highly of the person. Greed and personal agenda, that's the problem. Kaya nagiging personal. ;Q

8. with the condition that she'll move heaven and earth to amend the Constitution to shift to parliamentary form of government.

Let the trapos / warlords occupying Congress choose who should lead their undisciplined lot, hence would lessen the relevance of national government over the day to day affairs of common Juans and Nenengs. I believe that the key to peace is to put all government power to the people's representatives in Parliament, whose claim to the supreme position in the land wil hinge on their effectiveness in the position. Perform poorly, then out you go. No more of those expensive national elections, and we also get rid of those prima donnas in the Senate.

9. kerwin

kerwin

May 5, 2004
    CDOC, Philippines
    i say we have to go through the process. Impeachment.

10. bulm540

bulm540

Jun 18, 2004
    TN
    Ditto!!!Let's not seek the easy way but the rule of law.

11. paltic

paltic

Sep 11, 2003
    option:
    2. 8 votes
    3. 2 votes

....baka maihabol pa natin ang results nito b4 the SONA:cool:

12. doctabako

doctabako Gun Aficionado

Aug 11, 2003
    Philippines
    ditto on option #3. Just hope she takes the Ramos option and steps down in 2006 once the change to a federal parliamentary government is in effect. Don't like option #2 as I sure as hell don't like puppet Kabayan ;f

13. Pepe G Boy

Pepe G Boy

Oct 20, 2004
    Philippines
    As I see it, the opposition in the House of Representatives will be hard pressed to get the numbers to have the impeachment case be moved.

If ever it goes to the Senate, there should be 16 members that would vote to impeach GMA. There are still 10 senators for the Administration (as of last count). 7 are already in the minority. There are 4 LP senators and there are 2 independent senators. Assuming that the LP senators and 2 independent senators vote to impeach, they would still lack 3 more votes.