close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Elderly couple pulled over after their Buckeye car decal is mistaken for a

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by zeke501, Feb 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stubudd

Stubudd
    Expand Collapse

2. Stubudd

Stubudd
    Expand Collapse

3. tmerritt530

tmerritt530
    Expand Collapse

I have a pretty solid idea of where this happened. Black (and white) SUVs dot the shelby county TN line on I-40 all the time. I lived there for 20 years and in the last five they started this "drug task force" schtick.

I suspect they were bored because most of the times I drove by them they were all lined up window to window four wide chatting.

4. Gunhaver

Gunhaver
    Expand Collapse
    the wrong hands

You have no idea how hilarious it is that that's the best you could do in response. Hold on and let me give you one of these just for effect...

:animlol:

I never lied on an application. Go find the original story and you'll see that it was a simple question asked in an interview by a woman who was doing interviews to see who should come back to talk to the regional maintenance director. She asked me if I knew about a particular system and I said yes so she would mark me down for a return interview. Then I did the research and when I came back I talked to the guy that would know if I was BSing him about that system. Funny how often you guys have to keep dragging the "Gunhaver the application falsifier" out in response to my posts on unrelated matters.

Why, it's almost like that's all you've got. :dunno:

5. series1811

series1811
    Expand Collapse
    Enforcerator.
    CLM

Used to violate rights since 1781.

6. hogfish

hogfish
    Expand Collapse
    Señor Member

And here's the other side. Not saying it's justified (or not), but it is what it is. :dunno:

7. series1811

series1811
    Expand Collapse
    Enforcerator.
    CLM

People with credibility problems, never want credibility to be an issue. Not a surprise.

8. hogfish

hogfish
    Expand Collapse
    Señor Member

Too often the military gets thrown into these topics. The effectiveness of the military is directly proportional to their capacity to unconditionally follow orders. Cops is a different breed: they must deal with citizens.

9. Gunhaver

Gunhaver
    Expand Collapse
    the wrong hands

If you're going to tell me that you've never told a lie at least as big as telling an interviewer that you know something that you don't because you know that you can research that something and know what you're talking about to the person who will know then you are FOS. Completely FOS.

10. series1811

series1811
    Expand Collapse
    Enforcerator.
    CLM

Is that how you justify it? By convincing yourself everyone else lies, too?

11. Gunhaver

Gunhaver
    Expand Collapse
    the wrong hands

Yes. Everybody lies. Anybody that says otherwise is proving my point. Are you going to tell me that you've never told a lie? Seriously? Never? Not once?

12. series1811

series1811
    Expand Collapse
    Enforcerator.
    CLM

Not since I was a kid. No, I don't tell lies. Why would I need to? And, what goes on in your life where you need to tell lies? (Besides the drug problem and wanting to buy guns, I mean).

Not to mention, I have a job, where if I ever get caught lying, I will be prohibited from testifying in court, essentially ending my career.

Just try telling the truth. It's not as hard as you think, and it will reduce your stress in life as an extra benefit.

13. Gunhaver

Gunhaver
    Expand Collapse
    the wrong hands

Yeah, you're FOS.

14. series1811

series1811
    Expand Collapse
    Enforcerator.
    CLM

All right. Give us some examples of the kind of lies you think people in general, and me in particular, tell, on a day to day basis.

I'm serious. I'm trying to get in your head here.

15. John Rambo

John Rambo
    Expand Collapse
    Raven

Never underestimate the ineptitude of our 'soldiers' in the War on Drugs(tm).

16. series1811

series1811
    Expand Collapse
    Enforcerator.
    CLM

Yes, an excellent point. But, perhaps not the one you meant to convey.

17. Atlas

Atlas
    Expand Collapse
    transmogrifier

This thread... --->

[​IMG]

#117 Atlas, Feb 18, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  18. countrygun

countrygun
    Expand Collapse

"
    Originally Posted by Gunhaver showthread.php?p=19697940showthread.php?p=19697940
    I have tailored resumes' to specific jobs and given friend's numbers as contacts for past employers. Even gave my own home # and answered it as my imaginary ex-employer when they called. Basically BSed my way into several positions that I wasn't technically experienced at. One place had a requirement for experience on a boiler/chiller system that was brand new. Nobody could have had a chance to get any experience on this thing yet so they don't even know what they're asking for sometimes. I snapped some pics and googled the hell out of that thing so I knew enough to BS my way through the second interview with the maintenance director and I was in.

I've been BSed by employers way more than I've ever BSed them so I still come out on top. Do what she needs you to do to get her the job and don't worry about it. It's only a bad thing if she's a screw-up.
    "

There it is in its entirety Shall I highlight sections for you?

Originally Posted by Gunhaver showthread.php?p=19697940showthread.php?p=19697940
    I have tailored resumes' to specific jobs and given friend's numbers as contacts for past employers.

Lying about a friend being a former employer

Even gave my own home # and answered it as my imaginary ex-employer when they called.

Lying about your identity and pretending to be your own former employer

Basically BSed my way into several positions that I wasn't technically experienced at.

"BS" another word for "Lie"

One place had a requirement for experience on a boiler/chiller system that was brand new. Nobody could have had a chance to get any experience on this thing yet so they don't even know what they're asking for sometimes. I snapped some pics and googled the hell out of that thing so I knew enough to BS my way through the second interview with the maintenance director and I was in.

More BS/Lie

I've been BSed by employers way more than I've ever BSed them so I still come out on top. Do what she needs you to do to get her the job and don't worry about it.

The ends justify the means

It's only a bad thing if she's a screw-up.

Lying is only a bad thing if you get caught

Don't try to lecture anyone, or question anyone else's ethics

19. series1811

series1811
    Expand Collapse
    Enforcerator.
    CLM

For people who have never met, and interacted wtih, pathological liars, we present, Gunhaver.

20. countrygun

countrygun
    Expand Collapse

You just don't know when to stop lying, it's pathological with you.

I think I will save these last two posts for every time you dare question anyone else's ethics.