close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Elderly couple pulled over after their Buckeye car decal is mistaken for a

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by zeke501, Feb 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ruble Noon

Ruble Noon
    Expand Collapse
    "Cracker"

You need to go back a little farther, back to the start of the war on drugs.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. series1811

series1811
    Expand Collapse
    Enforcerator.
    CLM

Is there just the slightest, slightest, chance here, that these people got stopped for something else, were asked about the sticker in conversation, and then immediately decided that the only reason they got pulled over was for the sticker?

Is there the slightest chance that they didn't get pulled over at all and made the story up?

You know if you take every person in prisons word for whether they were guilty of something or not, we would have anybody in them.

People are sure quick to take everything they hear on the internet or read in the media at face value. No wonder con-men continue to make a good living with scams you can't believe people actually fall for.

I love reading about arrests and operations I have been involved in the paper. They ususaly have about ten per cent of the facts correct. So when I read other newspaper articles, I apply that formula when deciding how upset I should be at what I am reading.

3. amd65

amd65
    Expand Collapse

As a resident of "northern Ohio", I see Obama stickers on cars all the time. Most are on upper end imports, soccer mom vans, and SUV's.
    I guess all a pot smuggler here has to do is slap a Romney sticker on his car, and dispatch a few cars with Obama stickers ahead of him...smooth sailing.

#63 amd65, Feb 17, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  4. TK-421

TK-421
    Expand Collapse

I bet the cop wouldn't have pulled them over at all if it hadn't been for the sticker. No sticker, no asinine reason to think they're carrying pot, no reason to pull them over.

5. sheriff733

sheriff733
    Expand Collapse
    NRA LIFE MEMBER

Hey! You shut your trap with that logic and reasonable thinking. There is no room for that in a good cop bashing thread by some of these experts on police procedure.

6. sheriff733

sheriff733
    Expand Collapse
    NRA LIFE MEMBER

Funny you should say that...

I'm yet to be verbally accosted before I have even reached the vehicle by any one with a Romney sticker on their car. Only the occupants of vehicles with Obama stickers plastered all over the back do you receive that kind of treatment before you even get out of the car. It's just downhill from there.

It's not the sticker. It's the attitude that goes along with the sticker that is the dead give away of who you're actually dealing with. They don't have the self control, decency, or intellect to be able to fake their way through that.

#66 sheriff733, Feb 17, 2013
  7. Bruce H

Bruce H
    Expand Collapse

Asset forfiture and all the goodies that go with it.

8. wprebeck

wprebeck
    Expand Collapse
    Got quacks?

I know what you mean. I thought that after 13 years of doing this, I had a pretty good grasp on how to do my job. And all this time, all I had to do was read Glocktalk.

Here, people with absolutely no experience in my field can tell me exactly how I should be doing it. It's awesome, isn't it? I mean, all I have to do is take their word at what the law means and how it's applicable to any given situation. Case law and established precedent be damned! These guys know it ALL, baby!

And don't forget - the media lies about ALL things gun related...but tells the 100% unvarnished truth about anything that makes LE look bad. Rock on, man!!

9. somebodybuymeaglock

somebodybuymeaglock
    Expand Collapse

Anytime there is a holiday police go nuts. Suspected drug dealers, possessors, hookaz, etc will be targeted because they have CASH. After all, they can take their property under color of law. Cop thinks he smells mj in your car, and its time to take your stuff. Even if they are found innocent in court good luck getting it back. It was already disappeared...T the mall or maybe a nice restaurant.

Starting in november it gets very hot. Why? Lets have a look...

Thanksgiving
    Christmas
    New years
    Valentines day

This gets very expensive for everyone including police.
    In the real world this is theft. When cops do it it is the law. You only have to be suspected of a crime for them to take your s***.

#69 somebodybuymeaglock, Feb 17, 2013
  10. Syclone538

Syclone538
    Expand Collapse

Only after conviction, right?

11. sheriff733

sheriff733
    Expand Collapse
    NRA LIFE MEMBER

:cheers:

12. TBO

TBO
    Expand Collapse
    Why so serious?
    CLM
    1. The Outpost Lounge

Is that you Alex Jones?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Copatalk 2

13. DOC44

DOC44
    Expand Collapse

Bucky Hayes and Lou Holtz learned a long time ago it is not a good football idea to go very far south of the Ohio River (recently reinforced idea)... consequently lots of people down here in SEC land never see them Buckeye stickers and there are probably more marjuwanna leaves in TN than there are Buckeye leaves. With all that said it is still no reason to pull someone over, IMO.

Doc44

14. Gills63

Gills63
    Expand Collapse

This is a dumb article and has turned in to a dumb thread. We should send the fellow asking about staying low key over here so he sees how it is. If my kids ever have a career day, I guess Ill go as the boogie man.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

15. Snowman92D

Snowman92D
    Expand Collapse

It's all part of a libertarian doper conspiracy to punish conservatives for not voting for Ron Paul for President. (Remember when many of them said they were gonna vote for Obama to "punish" conservatives?) When people get tired of police enforcing anti-dope laws, and of Obama taking their rights away, they will come to their senses and vote for Ron Paul.

Once elected, Ron Paul will appoint Cynthia McKinney as Attorney General, and Lew Rockwell as director of Homeland Security. The police will be prohibited from stopping anybody for any reason then. :smoking:

http://www.independentpoliticalreport.com/2008/07/lew-rockwell-ron-paul-cynthia-mckinney-friends/

#75 Snowman92D, Feb 17, 2013
  16. countrygun

countrygun
    Expand Collapse

Uh oh, somebody didn't get their hand made bong back.

17. somebodybuymeaglock

somebodybuymeaglock
    Expand Collapse

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Lol!
    Think im joking? Come here to st. Tammany/orleans parish!

18. Bren

Bren
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Life Member

And since you have no real-world knowledge, it probably escaped your reasoning that, on holidays, police departments put a LOT more police on duty, especially evenings and nights, because those are the highest times for DUI, traffic accidents/fatalities, domestic violence and a few other crimes. When there are a lot more police working, and usually paying special attention to DUI enforcement, people who learned all they know from network television may think, "the police go nuts.":upeyes:

Your knowledge of forfeiture law is also a little weak.

#78 Bren, Feb 17, 2013
  19. TBO

TBO
    Expand Collapse
    Why so serious?
    CLM
    1. The Outpost Lounge

Not kidding, just bat-crap biased.

20. somebodybuymeaglock

somebodybuymeaglock
    Expand Collapse

You may not like it, but cops aound here do go nuts. Im one of the people who has to deal with cops in New Orleans and surrounding areas. They have a bad reputation for being just what I called them and corrupt on top of that. Its not about violence, they will pretty much go after anyone for something minor. And yes, at the end of the day it is about extracting money from people.

:upeyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.