close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ejection problemed G3 g17 back from warranty repair

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Kslice, Jun 14, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Kslice

Kslice

I posted in a recent thread about my brand new gen 3 g17 with ejection issues, dented casings and constant brass to the face. I called glock last week and after some arguing they agreed to send me a shipping label. I put the gun in the mail one week ago 6/6 and received it back today 6/13. enclosed was a note stating "inspected, upgrade (yes upgrade not upgraded), meets factory specs, tested ok. Still has 336 ejector, however the extractor does seem to have a tighter hold on the cartridge. I will be testing in tomorrow and I will follow up with results.

2. larson1122

larson1122

Good luck! I send my G26 back last week with the same issues.

3. Kslice

Kslice

thank you! good luck to you too, I hope yours comes back as quickly as mine did and works! Be on the look out for my range report tomorrow evening and I look forward to hearing your results as well.

4. Kslice

Kslice

Range Report:

No different, most shells hit me in the face, casings are still denting... I don't think glock changed anything.

5. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Just wait, some people will chime in that you're the problem, not the gun.

6. gbpanther41

gbpanther41

Glock has my 30SF well at least they will tomorrow by 10:30. I requested they change it out for a 30. Told them the problems and that the gun did not meet operate all the time at 100% of the time and that I did not believe it lived up to Glock's standards or mine and was not a safe gun for it's intended purpose of personal protection. I am already going to go out on a limb and bet that I get the same gun back and they don't change a thing in which case I will be selling it and purchasing either a 30 or a gen 4 30 if they are out.

7. Kslice

Kslice

Hope you have better luck than me with your 30. I am quite disappointed. And if you do end up buying a new 30 it seems there is a good chance that it will have issues too.

8. hearsedriver

hearsedriver

Man, that is a real bummer ! I hope you call them and tell them about this. Keep us posted!

9. GTS197

GTS197

Anymore, it seems that a pistol has to be sent back 2-3 times before the issue is actually corrected.

Good luck to you. I hope you get it fixed.

10. ftw13

ftw13

this is the reason i bought a caracal compact instead of a new G19

11. Beretta92guy

Beretta92guy

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE:steamed:

this is the reason i just got rid of my G26........

its a damn shame that one of the finest 9mm handguns has now gone the way of the Hi-Point....but wait, at least the Hi-Point does not launch brass back at your face.....

I just went with a Springfield Armory over Glock for a 45 acp, and may be buying another SA for 9mm.....Glock is losing customers...

but really, unless you are a LEO agency, probably does not bother them!!!

I think Glock is taking a cavalier attitude toward this problem and its just not right....

Last edited: Jun 15, 2012
  12. FTjoe

FTjoe

i have to agree. unacceptable indeed.

they had the OP's gun for a short amount of time. WTF? did they really look it over and upgrade it in that amount of time they had it? they were backed up just a few weeks ago. if i had to guess, they looked it over, fired it and shipped it back as "could not duplicate." that's too bad. and it has to be more frustrating for those that send in their glocks, get it back, fire it and still the same issues. what is going over there at glock?

my $$ is not going towards another glock pistol when i buy in the near future until i see/read an actual fix for these ejection issues. i may trade my G17 GEN3 for a beretta M9/92FS or browning hi-power.

13. plouffedaddy

plouffedaddy

I had a Gen4 19 that went back 3 times--total lemon. They finally replaced it though and the one I have now is great. I'd be calling them today and sending it back in. I recorded the ejection pattern, put it on youtube, then sent it to them---it may help ensure they understand the nature of the problem.:dunno:

14. Bruce M

Bruce M

I would probably have someone else shoot it too and then send it back to them again.

15. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Incirlik AB 73 - 75

I have had my gen 3 26 for several years now and never had a problem with it. Not one.

16. RG7X

RG7X

My new 19 Gen-3 only has 6 o'clock ejection issues when the missus fires the weapon. FWIW it's been minimized for her when I put Talon Grips on the gun and she uses Blazer Brass.

17. HK Dan

HK Dan

Tighten your grip on the firing hand just a bit. Should solve the problem with your GLOCK. It has worked in every case that I have ever seen--100 or more. Try that before you sell it.