close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Eight with concealed-carry permits charged with felonies in Sedgwick County

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by TBO, Nov 20, 2012.

1. TK-421

TK-421

And of course they're going to try and smear permit holders as horrible people. But how many non-permit holders have been charged with felonies since the permits began being issued? How many permit holders are there that haven't been charged with felonies? They're trying to spin it so that stupid people only think about what is in front of them, and don't think about anything else. Trying to get those people to decide that permits to carry are horrible things, and that nobody should have guns.

2. blueiron

blueiron

Stupid people with firearms. :upeyes:

3. rockapede

rockapede

The only thing that really catches my attention is how much of an absolute farce those sentences are! And I thought we had it bad here....

4. Jon_R

Jon_R

Seems high percentage wise.

For FL
    1987 - Current
    168 Permits have been revoked for crimes committed with a firearm after receiving a CWP.

The state issued 2.3 Million Permits during that time and just under a 1 Million are current.

168 out of 2.3 Million ~.007% over 25 years if my math is good.

http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/stats/cw_monthly.pdf

5. merlynusn

merlynusn

I have charged or been involved in charging several CCW holders with serious felonies. It happens. This isn't saying that all CCW holders are violent.

I think the classes offered to CCW holders leave one important part out of them. When you claim "I was in fear of my life." You have to justify WHY you were in fear of your life. You can't just spout the words out and magically it's all okay.

6. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Had a guy here that came home and found some guys breaking into his house, after a number of prior break ins. He chased them, one got tired and stopped, gave up, said something to the effect "what are you gonna do, shoot me?" "Yup", and he did. I think he's up for parole soon. The homeowner I mean. Nice guy, understandably pissed. People make bad decisions under the influence, even just under the influence of adrenaline.

Randy

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

7. SPDSNYPR

SPDSNYPR Zippy's Friend.

Back in my dope days, we'd do a house, and start arresting people who showed up to make buys (not realizing it was us there now). One night had two CCW holders show up at different times - both carrying. Both trying to buy pills. Guess they were worried about getting ripped off. Just thought it was odd, as I kinda always had thought of the guys who went through the trouble of getting a CCW permit as the good guys. There are just the occasional bad apples in every group. I have arrested plenty of DUIs that were carrying and had permits. It happens.

8. Roering

Roering Sorting nuts

Sounds like the feds are using local to police to disarm the citizens. It was only a matter of time.

Anyone seen my foil hat?

9. TK-421

TK-421

And that is exactly the kind of person who should be arrested and sentenced to prison time. Just because you have a CCW does not exempt you from stupid decisions you might make while carrying.

I need to read up on the castle doctrine some. In Texas, if you catch someone breaking into your home, are you allowed to shoot first and ask questions later? Or do you have to give them verbal commands to stop what they're doing and get down on the ground, before you're authorized to shoot them?

10. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

This must be "The blood will run in the streets" evidence we often hear about.

11. GumbyDammit

GumbyDammit Xtra CoCheese

Looks like idiots are using stupid decisions to disarm themselves. Try the kitchen next to the ziplock baggies.

12. SpringerTGO

SpringerTGO

And you don't think every one of the citizens cited should be disarmed?????

13. Gallium

Gallium CLM

Maybe liquor led to to it? I mean, it's like we had a booze epidemic here in NY after Sandy...

14. 4Rules

4Rules

That's the point. It's a case of man-bites-dog. In truth, it is only that fact (that it is so unusual) that makes the story newsworthy.

He should have listened to Lt. Col. Dave Grossman speak about the importance of appropriate role models.

The Bullet Proof Mind: Lt. Col. Dave Grossman Part 3
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CbWyzUP1BGk#!

15. Schrag4

Schrag4

16. TK-421

TK-421

That's a load of pure bulls***. But it's what will happen when people live in Chicago. :rofl:

Last edited: Nov 21, 2012