close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Education

Discussion in 'GATE Self-Defense Forum' started by wvboy, Aug 24, 2011.

1. wvboy

wvboy

May 26, 2011
    WV
    Mr. Ayoob, first I enjoy hearing your down to earth way of explaining things and your no bs knowledge. I'm learning about firearms and their implimentation. I'm currently unable to afford much ammo even as a reloader. How can I practice, get better and more able with self defense firearms. Also, can you suggest any good literature. Thanks

2. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob KoolAidAntidote Moderator

Nov 6, 2005
    wvboy, you imply that cost is an issue. Dry fire is cheap. Some of the gun magazines are online, for instance, American Handgunner at www.americanhandgunner.com, and Guns at www.gunsmagazine.com. Both also have archives going back for decades, a rich store of wisdom from many very serious and very accomplished shooters.

The Gun Digest series is availabe at Barnes & Noble, and at least the annual Gun Digest itself is widely purchased at most public libraries. Also, any public library will usually accept a cardholder's request to order a book (including gun books) from their regional inter-loan programs. This will even include some out of print gun and shooting books.

I think posting this in, say, General Glocking will get you a lot more good advice!

best,
    Mas