close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

EDC...I'll show you mine if you show me yours

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by GicleeOne, Feb 16, 2013.

1. JustinJohnson86

JustinJohnson86

May 5, 2012
    Sent from my dumb phone which may have misspelled some words.

Attached Files:

2. saddlebum

saddlebum

Feb 9, 2009
    mostly in a ubg canute

Attached Files:

3. Angry Fist

Angry Fist Dehumanizer® Lifetime Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Hellbilly Hill
    It's a Minotaur MTAC. Originally tan, I had it dyed black, and trimmed the clips.

4. White7

White7

Oct 29, 2006
    Reno
    G27 in a remora

Attached Files:

5. CA Escapee

CA Escapee Finally!

Feb 15, 2012
  6. sglock45

sglock45

Jun 1, 2011
    bloomsburg pa
  7. jcrow

jcrow

Nov 15, 2008
  8. packeagle

packeagle

Mar 2, 2011
    Michigan
    Most of the time:
    Glock 27, White Hat Max Tuck, Olight M-20-S-X, Benchmade Mini Barrage.
    [​IMG]

Dress cloths:
    S&W BG-38, Remora 8R-CH, Mini Barrage
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
  9. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

Apr 4, 2006
    minnesota
    Sorry. I screwed up and had to make two posts:

[​IMG]

10. r3dot

r3dot

Sep 6, 2007
    Izzerwat TX
    Always thought those looked neat. How do you like it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

Apr 4, 2006
    minnesota

I have the 2" and the 4". I actually carry either one.

These are the finest handguns I have ever shot. It is almost no recoil whatsoever. I get faster follow up shots with full house loads in these than the G27.

I bought the 2" first. shot it and bought the 4". I like the additional muzzle velocity from it. 1500 fps @ 125 grain.

If and when they come out with a .44 Magnum I will be first in line to buy it.

12. Interesting looking gun, I'm not familiar with it. Would you mind giving some info on it please?

13. r3dot

r3dot

Sep 6, 2007
    Izzerwat TX
    XDs. Replacing my glock 23 as an EDC.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363032848.166294.jpg

14. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

Apr 4, 2006
    minnesota

Chiappa Rhino is a version of a previous handgun that had the same concept of placing the barrel at the bottom most cylinder. The bore axis is lined up with your forearm, not above it as with the conventional revolver. Mine are Single and Double action.

When firing this weapon, there is little or no muzzle flip (I erroneously stated "recoil" in my picture post, that is wrong), I should have said "no muzzle flip".

You can barely see the forcing cone on the bottom of the cylinder. The barrel obviously is a continuation from there and results in the strange looking barrel and shroud because the sights are at the top of the frame, of course.

shooting a .38 Special in this is like shooting a cap gun. Almost no movement at all.

With the bore axis lined up with your forearm, the recoil is straight back and there is little or no torque imparted to your wrist causing the muzzle to rise as, when the firing axis is above your forearm in a conventional revolver.

The actual recoil is straight back and significantly less felt impulse than when coupled with a muzzle flip. Together they hit your wrist much harder.

I had my 10 year old shoot this for the first time shooting a handgun and he shot almost 100 rounds before wanting to play with the .22 because it had a red/green dot and looked much cooler to shoot. No problem to shoot full house loads.

It is such a pleasure to shoot, the only reason to limit my range time with it is the cost of the ammunition, not any physical discomfort.

My snubbie version is just as easy and forgiving to shoot.

It just puts out a huge ball of flame and a god awful lot of noise, but fun.

As I have said before, This is such a comfortable gun to shoot I would buy a .44 Magnum caliber in a heartbeat, if it were offered.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3VhKXa08lY"]Chiappa RHINO line of revolvers shooting at SHOT Show 2013 - YouTube[/ame]
    Youtube shooting the Rhino:

15. 556Ready

556Ready

Mar 8, 2013
    For now my only carry rig is this M&P 9c in a N8(2) pro series holster. 13rnds in the gun and 17 in my pocket of 124+p speer gold dot. Once my paper work comes back and my holster gets here, I'll be switching up between this and a Glock 30sf in a cross breed super tuck.
    [​IMG]

16. WayneJessie

WayneJessie

Jan 12, 2013
    I'm glad you asked. I did not know what it meant either.:shocked: I thought it had something to do with us forty-something men.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  17. Thanks for the info!